Northeast Overland

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northeast Overland is Maine's leading self reliant adventure travel community in the Northeast Region of the U.S. Led by a Registered Maine Guide, you can be sure that you'll have an unforgettable adventure all while we TreadLightly!

+28
vtrover
wntrcmpr
Gryphon
TangoBlue
Stevesimpson6
scrowley
WLFFGreg
cthulhu
missfire
Team Harrington
Lazzm
sjh3
rapovt
richcz28
joopjku
yves rodrigue
Barrows
Modeler
myoverlandrover
Mr. Mike
steewoz
ZiMM
bicyclemayhem
REDrum
AllanR
sourek
booth9c1ss
MtnClimber
32 posters

Northeast Overland's 'Moose on the Loose' Ride

joopjku
    joopjku

Northeast Overland's 'Moose on the Loose'  Ride - Page 14 Empty Re: Northeast Overland's 'Moose on the Loose' Ride

Post by joopjku Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:10 pm

1 Week!!!!

Northeast Overland's 'Moose on the Loose'  Ride - Page 14 Empty Re: Northeast Overland's 'Moose on the Loose' Ride

Post by Guest Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:56 pm

Yessah. We are super excited as well. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Good pre run this weekend to make sure everyone will have a good time.

Look back late this weekendfor an update and final prep post.
    rapovt
    rapovt

Post by rapovt Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:09 pm

Team Cruiser is down to one vehicle due to injection pump failure and not enough time to fix the problem. We are looking for a partner. We have a pretty well built FJ80 and are apt to lean toward the harder stuff when available. I know it is late, but if you have interest in joining us, pm me and we can talk about it.
    cthulhu
    cthulhu

Post by cthulhu Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:41 pm

I might have a great teammate for you -- I will ask him and follow up.
    cthulhu
    cthulhu

Post by cthulhu Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:47 pm

I just let him know, he's going to let me know tomorrow. He had taken time off to go on that New Hampshire run which was cancelled so he's good to go w/ gear, experience & a competent FJ Cruiser. I'll keep you posted, let me know if you already filled the spot!
    WLFFGreg
    WLFFGreg

Post by WLFFGreg Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:00 am

Wahoo go Rich! If it doesn't work out there, I could mention it to a buddy as well with a built Defender 90... he has a lot of experience to say the least.

richcz28
    richcz28

Post by richcz28 Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:41 pm

rapovt wrote:Team Cruiser is down to one vehicle due to injection pump failure and not enough time to fix the problem. We are looking for a partner. We have a pretty well built FJ80 and are apt to lean toward the harder stuff when available. I know it is late, but if you have interest in joining us, pm me and we can talk about it.

I don't know what the rules say, but you would be more than welcome to tag along with me and my buddy. We aren't quite as built as you, but you know, you've seen my truck.

cthulhu
    cthulhu

Post by cthulhu Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:18 pm

My friend can't make it, since the NH thing was cancelled he made other plans.

I can put the word out in my club, since some others had taken time off for the NH thing and have nothing.
    scrowley
    scrowley

Post by scrowley Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:51 pm

Well looks like Gary and I (Scott) will be following another group due to a last min. vehicle failure. If there is another taker for a team mate position that would be great. It will work out either way. Getting excited for some time off in the woods.
    WLFFGreg
    WLFFGreg

Post by WLFFGreg Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:57 am

Looks like we have two spots available now (or potentially one team).  Rich, it's time to put up the FJ Northeasters signal!

I stand corrected. Once I washed my first coffee down, I realized the teams are one and the same. Doh!

Greg
    booth9c1ss
    booth9c1ss

Post by booth9c1ss Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:11 am

I'm sure that if you can't find a team mate by event time, one team will let you in. The whole reason for teams is for safety, so a team of three shouldn't cause any problems.
    Lazzm
    Lazzm

Post by Lazzm Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:08 am

Hey Guys,
    Goes without saying that we would welcome a third truck ..especially if it means everyone can take part safely....
    cthulhu
    cthulhu

Post by cthulhu Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:31 am

Yup same here -- team OMGWTFFJLOL welcomes anyone Smile

I think the hard part right now would be choosing which team to tag along with!
    WLFFGreg
    WLFFGreg

Post by WLFFGreg Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:51 am

You'll be in for some laughs if you join Rich and I. Also, some nice burgers and steak since Rich and Amy are going the backpackers paradise route! Wink

Sorry, I couldn't resist. As for trail running, I don't want to break or bend stuff, but I wouldn't mind doing some moderate crawling around.
    rapovt
    rapovt

Post by rapovt Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:40 am

cthulhu wrote:Yup same here -- team OMGWTFFJLOL welcomes anyone Smile

I think the hard part right now would be choosing which team to tag along with!

We may have to draw straws Smile 

Thanks all for the offers. The organizers say that it is okay to tag along with another team. We will bring some goodies for the team that "adopts" us for the day.
    cthulhu
    cthulhu

Post by cthulhu Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:57 am

Are you thinking of running with different teams on different days? That'd be awesome if it's feasible. Great experience seeing how different folks do things, their setups, etc.
    TangoBlue
    TangoBlue

Post by TangoBlue Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:44 pm

Before you jump on any offers to lash up to some other team, recommend you learn what each team brings to the rally. What are their skills for performing trail repair and the amount of tools and spare parts they brought? How expert are they at land navigation? In case of medical emergency how skilled are they at offering life and limb saving care and the level of equipment they bring to sustain and treat casualties? What is their capacity to communicate outside the geographic area for assistance or emergency aid? How skilled and equipped they are ro perform complex vehicle extractions and recovery?

All the above is fine and good but most important -- find out what the menu's each team may have prepared for the trip and their ability to craft good chow and offer fine beverages... let that be your deciding factor. Smile
    joopjku
    joopjku

Post by joopjku Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:42 pm

"All the above is fine and good but most important -- find out what the menu's each team may have prepared for the trip and their ability to craft good chow and offer fine beverages... let that be your deciding factor."

So true Tango!!!
    scrowley
    scrowley

Post by scrowley Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:28 pm

Thanks guys for all the offers. Looks like Gary and I will take it as it comes. No stress. Going to be a great time!
    WLFFGreg
    WLFFGreg

Post by WLFFGreg Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:18 pm

FJ Boozah wrote:Yessah.  We are super excited as well. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Good pre run this weekend to make sure everyone will have a good time.

Look back late this weekendfor an update and final prep post.

Anxiously awaiting!!
    vtrover

Post by vtrover Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:09 pm

im using an I pad one..with the dualgps receiver & gaia maps....so far so good...imrunning in the team lazz umbrella!!!
    booth9c1ss
    booth9c1ss

Post by booth9c1ss Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:37 pm

CHECK YOUR RIDES AGAIN, then again.

Here we are three days out and I just replaced one of my ball joints.

This is not the ride/place to say "I'll fix it when I get back home". Your ride needs to be 100%. While not extreme, NMW will put your suspension through it's paces.

Steve
    Superduty11
    Superduty11

Post by Superduty11 Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:44 pm

I hope some nice videos are taken and put on you tube.
    cthulhu
    cthulhu

Post by cthulhu Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:05 pm

booth9c1ss wrote:CHECK YOUR RIDES AGAIN, then again.

Here we are three days out and I just replaced one of my ball joints.

This is not the ride/place to say "I'll fix it when I get back home".  Your ride needs to be 100%.  While not extreme, NMW will put your suspension through it's paces.

Steve
    You're not alone!

The other day I had a ball joint go as well. Ordered 2 brand new LCAs. It's cheaper than rebuilding & they come with ball joints & new bushings ready to bolt on...annnnnd Rock Auto sent me 2 drivers side arms Mad so the correct arm is en route and that's a quick job believe it or not, more of a pain to drive out and get the alignment done. That all has to go down on Wednesday or early Thursday morning. Cutting it close!

Then I went to change the brake pads the other day and both front calipers were seized. Replaced both & working great...but when it rains it pours.
    joopjku
    joopjku

Post by joopjku Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:26 pm

Hey guys, anyone that knows the area around Bingham...Are there any places to get a good lobster, or do we need to do that out by 95 before we start headed inland?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 12:32 am