Northeast Overland

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northeast Overland is Maine's leading self reliant adventure travel community in the Northeast Region of the U.S. Led by a Registered Maine Guide, you can be sure that you'll have an unforgettable adventure all while we TreadLightly!

+28
vtrover
wntrcmpr
Gryphon
TangoBlue
Stevesimpson6
scrowley
WLFFGreg
cthulhu
missfire
Team Harrington
Lazzm
sjh3
rapovt
richcz28
joopjku
yves rodrigue
Barrows
Modeler
myoverlandrover
Mr. Mike
steewoz
ZiMM
bicyclemayhem
REDrum
AllanR
sourek
booth9c1ss
MtnClimber
32 posters

Northeast Overland's 'Moose on the Loose' Ride

WLFFGreg
    WLFFGreg

Northeast Overland's 'Moose on the Loose'  Ride - Page 17 Empty Re: Northeast Overland's 'Moose on the Loose' Ride

Post by WLFFGreg Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:11 am

Thanks for a great and very memorable event.  Ann and I rolled into home at 8:15 last night... with such a short trip, we could probably be consider "locals", however we had never experienced the North Maine Woods.  This was the perfect event to get our feet wet.

We look forward to seeing everyone again soon, as well as next years MOTL and the possible lobster crawl Wink.
    Lazzm
    Lazzm

Northeast Overland's 'Moose on the Loose'  Ride - Page 17 Empty Re: Northeast Overland's 'Moose on the Loose' Ride

Post by Lazzm Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:14 am

Hi MoTL Organizing Team,

You are thanking us for participating....Nuts!

We are the ones to Thank You.... first year event, extremely remote environment, people coming from far away, no fuel or parts stores, support vehicles acting up, changing trail conditions, helicopter sized bugs, sacred airplane sites, orphaned steam trains, Google Maps Sucks.....even playing cards that created a prize winning raffle..you didnt miss a trick to bring alive a terrific event that shared new scenery, good friends and made some bright (and dusty) memories.  So a Big Thanks for the very hard work and attention to detail - Well Done and see you on the trails! We owe you!

....and yes that crazy dust will be in my trucks for ever!!!  
    best cheers  cheers 
    Lazz
    rapovt
    rapovt

Post by rapovt Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:53 am

Lazzm wrote:Hi MoTL Organizing Team,

You are thanking us for participating....Nuts!

We are the ones to Thank You.... first year event, extremely remote environment, people coming from far away, no fuel or parts stores, support vehicles acting up, changing trail conditions, helicopter sized bugs, sacred airplane sites, orphaned steam trains, Google Maps Sucks.....even playing cards that created a prize winning raffle..you didnt miss a trick to bring alive a terrific event that shared new scenery, good friends and made some bright (and dusty) memories.  So a Big Thanks for the very hard work and attention to detail - Well Done and see you on the trails! We owe you!

....and yes that crazy dust will be in my trucks for ever!!!  
    best cheers  cheers 
    Lazz

Well said Lazz and nice to meet new friends. See you next year!!!
    ZGriswold
    ZGriswold

Post by ZGriswold Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:18 pm

Thanks all for a great time! Got home right before 11 last night
    sourek
    sourek

Post by sourek Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:47 pm

Sounds like you guys had a great time, glad to hear.  Smile
    myoverlandrover

Post by myoverlandrover Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:55 pm

Huge thank you to everyone for putting this on! My family had such a great time and what REALY made the trip for us was the people of which some we knew but most we met. Thier kindness towards us and specifically my children was over the top! Sign me up for next year!
    REDrum
    REDrum

Post by REDrum Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:16 pm

The Toltec Coffee Team Just rolled in.

BIG thanks to the organizers, it was a very well run event. Clearly A LOT of planning and pre-run went into it. Great comradery and fire side stories. Looking forward to it next year and any other similar 3/4 night events you all may have up your respective sleeves.

Very glad we stay on the seacoast last night, today we heard stories of horrid traffic from others (non MOTL people) who were southbound last night to Mass. How did others fare?

Today we loaded up a case of Marshall Wharf Brewing "Cant Dog" in Belfast and did a little wheeling near Warren, a great way to wrap up stellar weekend.

muffinman
    muffinman

Post by muffinman Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:32 pm

REDrum wrote:The Toltec Coffee Team Just rolled in.

BIG thanks to the organizers, it was a very well run event. Clearly A LOT of planning and pre-run went into it. Great comradery and fire side stories.  Looking forward to it next year and any other similar 3/4 night events you all may have up your respective sleeves.  

Very glad we stay on the seacoast last night, today we heard stories of horrid traffic from others (non MOTL people) who were southbound last night to Mass. How did others fare?  

Today we loaded up a case of Marshall Wharf Brewing "Cant Dog" in Belfast and did a little wheeling near Warren, a great way to wrap up stellar weekend.  

U should have looked me up i only live about 20 mins from belfast I could have come down and did a little wheeling with u
    well maybe next time. Glad u guys had a time
    Barrows
    Barrows

Post by Barrows Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:39 pm

REDrum wrote:The Toltec Coffee Team Just rolled in.

BIG thanks to the organizers, it was a very well run event. Clearly A LOT of planning and pre-run went into it. Great comradery and fire side stories.  Looking forward to it next year and any other similar 3/4 night events you all may have up your respective sleeves.  

Did you like wheeling Mt. Pleasant? I am so happy to hear you/and everyone had a great time. I forgot to mention it earlier but thanks again for the coffee donation.
    cthulhu
    cthulhu

Post by cthulhu Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:11 pm

We rolled into the driveway at about 12:30 last night. The last 2-3 miles were the hardest! The traffic was insane all night, all the stupids were out esp. in Mass. We were just trying to move along at 5 over the limit and stay safe.

Great event, great people. Everyone was very friendly. The people make the event.

Here's my complaint: I wish I was still sitting around the campfire laughing with all of you!

Cheers to all!!
    REDrum
    REDrum

Post by REDrum Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:36 pm

Barrows wrote: Did you like wheeling Mt. Pleasant?

Was great, wish we had more time to explore further.

Barrows wrote:I forgot to mention it earlier but thanks again for the coffee donation.

You are very welcome!

Welcoming feedback from people on the new Expedition Blend. We are still tuning the roast and origin of the beans, still sort of a prototype.

Barrows
    Barrows

Post by Barrows Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:39 pm

^You will just need to come back up and wheel it again...... Twisted Evil ^
    Mr. Mike
    Mr. Mike

Post by Mr. Mike Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:54 pm

cthulhu wrote:
    Here's my complaint: I wish I was still sitting around the campfire laughing with all of you!
    This. 100% this.
    scrowley
    scrowley

Post by scrowley Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:23 pm

1000 miles total on my trip. South bound to CT. was ok. Traffic only added about 1/2 hr. total. Thanks to everyone who made this event happen. It was great to finally see N Maine woods. Always cool meeting new ppl. Thanks to Gary R for the navigating for our group.
    bicyclemayhem
    bicyclemayhem

Post by bicyclemayhem Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:10 pm

Definitely a great time and met some great folks. Our group was super fun and couldn't have asked for better people to explore the North Maine Woods with! Looking forward to more adventures like this. Will take some time to get through all the photos I took but I have some already posted to my instagram so feel free to check that out and add me on there if you have an account!

http://instagram.com/jasonsuperb

I was in the Red Land Cruiser FJ60
    Barrows
    Barrows

Post by Barrows Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:13 pm

Thanks for sharing your great pic's Jason.
    Superduty11
    Superduty11

Post by Superduty11 Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:51 pm

Great pics!
    Stevesimpson6
    Stevesimpson6

Post by Stevesimpson6 Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:23 am

Just got home to Virginia 12:30am. We spent last night in Freeport and shopped at LL Bean till midnight. Thank you all for a wonderful trip, I had a ball!!!!!!! Best trip ever!!
    joopjku
    joopjku

Post by joopjku Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:12 am

Thanks again to all the organizers, and all the great people we saw again or met. Great run with a totally different flavor (65 on a dirt road...im thinking about rallying now).

Trip total mileage was 1541....Im guessing the Va guys can easily beat that..lol.

Looking forward to 2015!!!!
    ThinkGadget

Northeast Overland's 'Moose on the Loose'  Ride - Page 17 Empty the new Expedition Blend

Post by ThinkGadget Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:24 am

It was really fantastic. Thanks. woohoo 
    vtrover

Post by vtrover Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:46 am

thanks guys for organizing a true overlanding journey....first class!!! we had a blast...even the dust didn't dampen our spirits Laughing    . or enthusiasm for it. we will be back next year for more north maine woods travel. thanks to team Toltec for great coffee! cheers 
    thanks peter b ( rover team)
    bicyclemayhem
    bicyclemayhem

Post by bicyclemayhem Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:18 am

Posted a lot of my photos up on flickr so you can check them out at this link.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/83916677@N00/sets/72157645341474174/

Last edited by MtnClimber on Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:14 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Fixed broken links)
    richcz28
    richcz28

Post by richcz28 Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:56 am

Great Pictures bicyclemayhem!

Both Army trucks made it home safe. Thanks for a great weekend. We also are looking forward to next years adventures.
    Team Harrington
    Team Harrington

Post by Team Harrington Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:14 pm

Bethany, Tiberius and I would like to thank all the organizers and participants for a great time. We enjoyed ourselves very much. It was good to see old friends and make new ones.

The disco has an exhaust leak and the dash is light up like a X-mas tree but all is good and Bumble Bee performed awesome.

The scenery and wildlife in the North Maine Woods was great. Thank you all for the good times and memories for life.
    bicyclemayhem
    bicyclemayhem

Post by bicyclemayhem Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:08 am

Thanks guys, I had a great time up in Maine and there was obviously a lot of inspiration for photography. Glad you enjoyed it!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:23 pm