Northeast Overland

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northeast Overland is Maine's leading self reliant adventure travel community in the Northeast Region of the U.S. Led by a Registered Maine Guide, you can be sure that you'll have an unforgettable adventure all while we TreadLightly!

+28
vtrover
wntrcmpr
Gryphon
TangoBlue
Stevesimpson6
scrowley
WLFFGreg
cthulhu
missfire
Team Harrington
Lazzm
sjh3
rapovt
richcz28
joopjku
yves rodrigue
Barrows
Modeler
myoverlandrover
Mr. Mike
steewoz
ZiMM
bicyclemayhem
REDrum
AllanR
sourek
booth9c1ss
MtnClimber
32 posters

Northeast Overland's 'Moose on the Loose' Ride

bicyclemayhem
    bicyclemayhem

Northeast Overland's 'Moose on the Loose'  Ride - Page 4 Empty Re: Northeast Overland's 'Moose on the Loose' Ride

Post by bicyclemayhem Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:19 am

Getting pretty stoked for this! Planning starts now. Also wondering what time this is planned to wrap up on Sunday. Thinking about if its possible to make it back to Boston to work Monday morning?

Northeast Overland's 'Moose on the Loose'  Ride - Page 4 Empty Re: Northeast Overland's 'Moose on the Loose' Ride

Post by Guest Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:23 am

Sure. Most of us will probably end up staying the evening onto Monday but we should be able to get finished up in the mid afternoon time, dependent on when the last person rolls in. You'll want to be around for the end as this is going to be a pivotal time for good things to happen. Just sayin' cheers 

Post by Guest Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:26 am

Alright guys, Im gonna start needing some team names as well. Ill be putting together a team roster in the next few days and Id like to be able to refer to people by their team name instead of having to figure out the simple details. I have a few so far, so Ill put up what I have but if your names/info is listed, please contact me and let me know what you've come up for a team name so I can change it.

Also, if your solo right now and looking for a teammate and put up the funds to gain a spot, no prob, just keep me up to date.

Boozah
    Modeler
    Modeler

Post by Modeler Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:36 pm

myoverlandrover wrote:ha..thanks MtnClimber...I threw it out to a few friends and if none commit then yes i'll be accepting resumes...lol

MtnClimber wrote:
    Modeler wrote:Damn it.... I gotta get friends that can commit faster next time. LOL

I think myoverlandrover is looking for a team mate.. :cough cough:

PM me if you get no takers.
    rapovt
    rapovt

Post by rapovt Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:30 pm

rapovt wrote:You can count on a couple of Toyotas to attend. Gary (rapovt) and Scott Crowley. paypal sent. Thanks for putting this together. Is it almost June yet?

We will be team Cruiser
    joopjku
    joopjku

Post by joopjku Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:34 pm

Alright, our team name is "Sailor Jack"

REDrum
    REDrum

Post by REDrum Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:39 pm

Toltec Rally Team
    Lazzm
    Lazzm

Northeast Overland's 'Moose on the Loose'  Ride - Page 4 Empty Team Crash Brothers

Post by Lazzm Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:44 pm

Hi Guys
    My brother Greg and I should be known as The Crash Brothers - a name we richly earned during a Morocco trip (Greg more than me, really really!)
    best
    Lazz
    Barrows
    Barrows

Post by Barrows Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:26 pm

So Greg has the Beast and you have the Beauty? It had nothing to do with whiskey did it.... tongue 
    sjh3
    sjh3

Post by sjh3 Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:19 am

For our Jeep and H3 alliance, we will go with Team “RubiHUM”  American flag 
    Yea, we put a lot of thought on this.
    REDrum
    REDrum

Post by REDrum Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:26 am

A lot of usual suspects on this trip.

Toltec Coffee will be providing special roast for the event: Expedition Blend. Bring your own french press.
    MtnClimber
    MtnClimber
    Admin

Post by MtnClimber Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:50 am

Heey, thanks Niall!!!
    Barrows
    Barrows

Post by Barrows Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:56 am

Wow thanks Toltec! That is very generous of you!
    booth9c1ss
    booth9c1ss

Post by booth9c1ss Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:03 pm

sjh3 wrote:For our Jeep and H3 alliance, we will go with Team “RubiHUM”  American flag 

Not Team Jeemer?

Post by Guest Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:04 pm

REDrum wrote:A lot of usual suspects on this trip.

Toltec Coffee will be providing special roast for the event: Expedition Blend. Bring your own french press.

Wow. This is very generous of you. We appreciate the gesture! I love me some coffee and Im sure there are multiple people here as well that have the same addiction!
    sjh3
    sjh3

Post by sjh3 Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:18 pm

booth9c1ss wrote:
    sjh3 wrote:For our Jeep and H3 alliance, we will go with Team “RubiHUM”  American flag 

Not Team Jeemer?

So many possibilities…….. We wanted Rubicon in the mix.
    Team Harrington
    Team Harrington

Post by Team Harrington Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:54 pm

We are going to be Team Syncro/Disco (Ron & Yve). I can wait til June, haven't been to NMW in two years. Maine is calling me back.
    yves rodrigue
    yves rodrigue

Post by yves rodrigue Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:58 pm

Calling the moose Ron . Smile .
    joopjku
    joopjku

Post by joopjku Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:59 am

REDrum wrote:A lot of usual suspects on this trip.

FJ Boozah wrote:
    Wow. This is very generous of you. We appreciate the gesture! I love me some coffee and Im sure there are multiple people here as well that have the same addiction!

Something tells me this is soooommmeeeee "coffee".
    missfire
    missfire

Post by missfire Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:31 am

Are there still spots available?

Post by Guest Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:45 am

Unfortunately this is full.
    cthulhu
    cthulhu

Northeast Overland's 'Moose on the Loose'  Ride - Page 4 Empty Hello

Post by cthulhu Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:16 pm

I finally got over here and registered. I'm signed up with Karol Lipinski (aka lipek) but he backed out so I'm trying to fill his slot.

A couple years back I ran through the North Maine Woods with some friends on a about a 5/6 day endeavor so I have a little experience being up there. Saw Elephant Mtn, Ice Caves, camped at Libby Camps. Ran the logging roads, went through the checkpoints, all that.

Was tough on the truck, a wheel bearing died and I had to limp out for about 3.5-4hrs for a new one I had delivered to Gray, ME at a friend's house.

Looking forward to this! Working on replacing my teammate, shouldn't be a problem and I have til June to sort that out.

Post by Guest Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:36 pm

Cool. Thanks for coming over and checking the place out. I frequent your site quite a bit for the info. Im sure there is plenty of peeps over on FJN that would be willing to riding with the forum admin out in the middle of no where hahaha
    cthulhu
    cthulhu

Post by cthulhu Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:42 pm

Somebody stepped up already, a Rover guy I ran VOT with. Good guy and experienced, has his gear & attitude together. Plus I already know we can put up with each other for a few days! haha
    Barrows
    Barrows

Post by Barrows Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:48 pm

Nice, it will great to have a mini VOT reunion. Welcome to the forum!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:59 am