Northeast Overland

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northeast Overland is Maine's leading self reliant adventure travel community in the Northeast Region of the U.S. Led by a Registered Maine Guide, you can be sure that you'll have an unforgettable adventure all while we TreadLightly!

+28
vtrover
wntrcmpr
Gryphon
TangoBlue
Stevesimpson6
scrowley
WLFFGreg
cthulhu
missfire
Team Harrington
Lazzm
sjh3
rapovt
richcz28
joopjku
yves rodrigue
Barrows
Modeler
myoverlandrover
Mr. Mike
steewoz
ZiMM
bicyclemayhem
REDrum
AllanR
sourek
booth9c1ss
MtnClimber
32 posters

Northeast Overland's 'Moose on the Loose' Ride

richcz28
    richcz28

Northeast Overland's 'Moose on the Loose'  Ride - Page 3 Empty Re: Northeast Overland's 'Moose on the Loose' Ride

Post by richcz28 Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:06 pm

I'm new to the forum, but I saw your post up on Expedition Portal. I'm very interested in this trek. Is Thursday night just a meet up night or will there be wheeling involved? I only ask, because I am from the greater Boston area and I would already have a significant drive to be at the meet up spot. Also, do teammates typically sign up together or are they organized as they sign up independently?

Thanks, Rich
    booth9c1ss
    booth9c1ss

Northeast Overland's 'Moose on the Loose'  Ride - Page 3 Empty Re: Northeast Overland's 'Moose on the Loose' Ride

Post by booth9c1ss Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:42 pm

Welcome Rich.

The plan is to meet up Thursday late-afternoon/evening, so you could leave Boston Thursday morning.

Find a team mate (another driver/rig) and the two of you sign up as a team. I believe there are five team spots remaining.

Steve
    MtnClimber
    MtnClimber
    Admin

Post by MtnClimber Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:48 pm

Welcome Rich! What Booth said. Thursday night is when the paid teams sign in, meet and eat. Make new friends and get ready for an action packed adventure!

There was/is another fella looking for a team mate by the name of myoverlanrover, contact him!
    richcz28
    richcz28

Post by richcz28 Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:53 pm

Thanks for the welcome guys. It's great to hear you are accepting to new rigs/members. I have another wheeling buddy I'm trying to talk into joining in. I really hope I can commit before the spots fill up.
    rapovt
    rapovt

Northeast Overland's 'Moose on the Loose'  Ride - Page 3 Empty Thinking of putting a team together

Post by rapovt Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:07 am

Question; will the route be doable with a lifted M101 trailer? and where will we end up on Sunday and about what time? looks like a great trip, thanks for putting this together.

Post by Guest Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:39 am

Ive totted my expo trailer over some of the trails in the NMW and it shouldnt be a problem. You may/may not want to take it through some of the more challenging of trails but that'll be your option once you see what your getting into.

Ending will be somewhere in the vicinity of Latitude: 45.8936485 Longitude: -69.9647876, although not guaranteed at this moment. The best thing for us about this trip is that it can change at any moment due to weather, trail conditions, snow, etc. We'll keep everyone updated as we go along and get closer.
    MtnClimber
    MtnClimber
    Admin

Post by MtnClimber Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:59 am

rapovt wrote:Question; will the route be doable with a lifted M101 trailer? and where will we end up on Sunday and about what time? looks like a great trip, thanks for putting this together.

I'm sure you'll remember the white XJ continually towing the RTT equipped expo trailer everywhere at VOT. I've driven the same rig combo where we'll be going (mostly). I'd suspect that a bigger outfit may inquire some difficult area's, maybe not. Cool

Post by Guest Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:00 pm

Drivah McGivah! Should be able to get through the majority with a little finesse and a good line.
    booth9c1ss
    booth9c1ss

Post by booth9c1ss Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:24 am

Counting down...

Augusta only because I had to choose a city. Neither Bingham nor Greenville where options. Smile
    rapovt
    rapovt

Post by rapovt Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:50 am

You can count on a couple of Toyotas to attend. Gary (rapovt) and Scott Crowley. paypal sent. Thanks for putting this together. Is it almost June yet?

Post by Guest Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:18 am

You are in! Payment received. Only 4 spots left!
    myoverlandrover

Post by myoverlandrover Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:22 am

In, money sent
    REDrum
    REDrum

Post by REDrum Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:26 am

rapovt wrote:You can count on a couple of Toyotas to attend. Gary (rapovt) and Scott Crowley. paypal sent. Thanks for putting this together. Is it almost June yet?

Awesome! But may "the force be with you" if Scott still running duratracs come June.... :p

Post by Guest Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:28 am

hahahaha down to 3 team spots left!

Post by Guest Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:09 pm

2 team spots left!
    richcz28
    richcz28

Post by richcz28 Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:27 pm

You can update to one spot left! Just sent a couple paypal payments in. Can't wait!
    Barrows
    Barrows

Post by Barrows Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:57 pm

Great, thanks for the payment and we are looking forward to June
    sjh3
    sjh3

Northeast Overland's 'Moose on the Loose'  Ride - Page 3 Empty Hello everyone & my payment is in!

Post by sjh3 Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:22 pm

Just sent the payment in for a team Mike(jeep) and Lou(H3) from NJ. Looking forward to it.

See you guys there.
    Lou
    Barrows
    Barrows

Post by Barrows Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:26 pm

Welcome to the site and thanks for joining the ride. We look forward to meeting everyone at the ride.

Post by Guest Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:37 pm

This is full!
    sjh3
    sjh3

Northeast Overland's 'Moose on the Loose'  Ride - Page 3 Empty Yay!

Post by sjh3 Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:43 pm

Just made it! This is gonna be a great event! thanks for putting this together.

Modeler
    Modeler

Post by Modeler Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:07 pm

Damn it.... I gotta get friends that can commit faster next time. LOL
    rapovt
    rapovt

Post by rapovt Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:38 pm

REDrum wrote:
    rapovt wrote:You can count on a couple of Toyotas to attend. Gary (rapovt) and Scott Crowley. paypal sent. Thanks for putting this together. Is it almost June yet?

Awesome! But may "the force be with you" if Scott still running duratracs come June.... :p

LOL I'm running old school MTRs, but I'll bring a tow strap for you Nial
    MtnClimber
    MtnClimber
    Admin

Post by MtnClimber Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:44 pm

Modeler wrote:Damn it.... I gotta get friends that can commit faster next time. LOL

I think myoverlandrover is looking for a team mate.. :cough cough:
    myoverlandrover

Post by myoverlandrover Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:03 pm

ha..thanks MtnClimber...I threw it out to a few friends and if none commit then yes i'll be accepting resumes...lol

MtnClimber wrote:
    Modeler wrote:Damn it.... I gotta get friends that can commit faster next time. LOL

I think myoverlandrover is looking for a team mate.. :cough cough:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 5:48 am