Northeast Overland

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northeast Overland is Maine's leading self reliant adventure travel community in the Northeast Region of the U.S. Led by a Registered Maine Guide, you can be sure that you'll have an unforgettable adventure all while we TreadLightly!

+26
WLFFGreg
Wolftaco
4lowco
Six sons
Bob Freda
clymber
ZGriswold
awb1976
muffinman
Backwoods
Admin
rapovt
JKNY
hard2kill
proper4wd
Vtrover5
Mr. Mike
overez
cthulhu
REDrum
Lazzm
Cbrown413
Wolfman
TacoVT85
PJF24
joopjku
30 posters

Northeast Overland's 3rd Annual 'Moose on the Loose'

Northeast Overland's 3rd Annual 'Moose on the Loose' - Page 4 Empty Re: Northeast Overland's 3rd Annual 'Moose on the Loose'

Post by Guest Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:24 pm

I'd love to have my rear bumper fabricated with two swing outs and a faster way to setup base camp. Packing to much gear has always been a problem for me so I'm hoping to try to minimize cook ware size, but maintain capacity and plan out my meals a little better rather than at the last store before we begin the ride. I'm also looking to upgrade to a nice foldable table and get my snorkel on, do the scuba mod, new tires, skids, fix my LED lightbar, install my stove in the fj slide out, rewire winch contactor under the hood and install my incab winch controller, swap to LED internal lights and install led flood lights under the doors, cut down roof rack to lower the RTT inside it and have a lower center of gravity.

I'm sure there's a few more things I'm forgetting haha. Wink
    hard2kill
    hard2kill

Northeast Overland's 3rd Annual 'Moose on the Loose' - Page 4 Empty Re: Northeast Overland's 3rd Annual 'Moose on the Loose'

Post by hard2kill Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:30 am

Nice atleast I'm not the only one with a big list....
    MtnClimber
    MtnClimber
    Admin

Post by MtnClimber Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:42 am

I need to put my camping gear in/on the truck. That should take me about 2 hours. I'll do that Wednesday mernin before I head up Very Happy
    Superduty11
    Superduty11

Post by Superduty11 Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:52 pm

Get new LED lights mounted, new tires mounted, get a couple new totes for gear and get odds and ends for cooking stuff.
    Mr. Mike
    Mr. Mike

Post by Mr. Mike Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:13 pm

Fill gas tank, pack gear, drive north. I'm ready.

Post by Guest Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:40 pm

Mr. Mike wrote:Fill gas tank, pack gear, drive north. I'm ready.

Um....SpongeBob bed? Critical.

Northeast Overland's 3rd Annual 'Moose on the Loose' - Page 4 P1110911_zpsufttnmm2

Last edited by spencyg on Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Superduty11
    Superduty11

Post by Superduty11 Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:07 pm

Yes he def needs sponge bob lol
    JKNY
    JKNY

Post by JKNY Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:11 pm

I have a good amount to do, Some just basic maintenance and some upgraded mods of course!

Maintenence

New upper ball joints and bushings
    New upper links in the rear
    Upgraded lower link mounts 3/16"
    New pads and rotors
    BMC
    1" BL

The fun stuff

Re gearing to 4.56s
    FJ Elocker + rear swap
    4x4 Labs DIY rear bumper kit with dual swing outs

The good news is both the front clamshell and rear 3rd member are both already completely re built with new gears so they just have to be swapped out. Also i'm getting my Partners rear FJ housing so everything going to be swapping in and out no need to retro fit the 3rd member into my 4runner! Then hope to get the bumper kit welded up and on before this event!

Plus in the meantime I'm working on my Bantam trailer trying to get that finished up and might possibly be bring it along but still not sure yet?
    Mr. Mike
    Mr. Mike

Post by Mr. Mike Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:08 am

spencyg wrote:
    Mr. Mike wrote:Fill gas tank, pack gear, drive north. I'm ready.

Um....SpongeBob bed? Critical.

Northeast Overland's 3rd Annual 'Moose on the Loose' - Page 4 P1110911_zpsufttnmm2

Spongebob will be in the house again this year!
    hard2kill
    hard2kill

Post by hard2kill Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:56 pm

DeLorme is having there 50% off sale ....these sales only last a day or 2 usually get your Maine and vt/nh maps now
    4lowco
    4lowco

Post by 4lowco Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:50 am

hard2kill wrote:DeLorme is having there 50% off sale ....these sales only last a day or 2 usually get your Maine and vt/nh maps now

I bought a Maine gazetter for half price. Thanks!
    cthulhu
    cthulhu

Post by cthulhu Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:02 pm

Does anyone still need a teammate?
    joopjku
    joopjku

Northeast Overland's 3rd Annual 'Moose on the Loose' - Page 4 Empty Met up

Post by joopjku Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:31 pm

Met up with a group of Moosers this weekend. Hyped up for year 3.

To answer John, not specifically for Moose, but recently went through Stage III of my build:

FRO Full lenght rack
    Front and rear adjustable control arms
    4" Springs and shocks
    Rear shock mount re-location and skid plates
    Brake Line Extentions
    Beadlocks

Last piece to be put on tomorrow:
    Front and rear Adams custom cut shafts

Other then that, general changing of oils and greasing of any zerks i can find.

hard2kill
    hard2kill

Post by hard2kill Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:30 pm

joopjku wrote:Met up with a group of Moosers this weekend.  Hyped up for year 3.

To answer John, not specifically for Moose, but recently went through Stage III of my build:

FRO Full lenght rack
    Front and rear adjustable control arms
    4" Springs and shocks
    Rear shock mount re-location and skid plates
    Brake Line Extentions
    Beadlocks

Last piece to be put on tomorrow:
    Front and rear Adams custom cut shafts

Other then that, general changing of oils and greasing of any zerks i can find.

Awesome sound like some solid upgrades!
    joopjku
    joopjku

Northeast Overland's 3rd Annual 'Moose on the Loose' - Page 4 Empty Food

Post by joopjku Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:18 pm

You know me, always the first to ask, for food, will there be any meals provided like at Pittston or the good old Reds and Moxie?
    Backwoods

Post by Backwoods Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:35 pm

To whom it may concern it's running the show for this North East Overlan adventure I was wondering who's in charge and if there's a phone number to contact someone That's in charge of this whole thing if you could please contact me at 774-230-0963 I am going to be going on this Overland challenge but this some things it's important to me for my disabilities so I would like someone to get in touch with me

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:52 pm

Backwoods, I can give you a ring tomorrow. I've contacted you several times with no response as of yet. We'll see if we can get everything worked out
    MtnClimber
    MtnClimber
    Admin

Post by MtnClimber Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:55 pm

joopjku wrote:You know me, always the first to ask, for food, will there be any meals provided like at Pittston or the good old Reds and Moxie?

Maybe both... whistling
    joopjku
    joopjku

Post by joopjku Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:38 pm

Awesome...Thanks Jareb!
    MtnClimber
    MtnClimber
    Admin

Post by MtnClimber Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:51 pm

How is everybody coming along with their MOTL III preps?! Is anybody getting super excited for this wicked awesome adventure?! Very Happy
    clymber
    clymber

Post by clymber Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:37 pm

I'm not excited at all since I wasn't able to sign up for it. Grrrrrr. Maybe next year
    Superduty11
    Superduty11

Post by Superduty11 Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:14 pm

Cant wait!!! Mostly all set 1 u joint left to replace then just organize my gear.
    Bob Freda
    Bob Freda

Post by Bob Freda Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:47 am

Driving a new rig this year, 2005 LJ, it's already set up, but I need to make it more expedition ready. I also have a Tacoma that is set up for expedition use but want to try the LJ. Been getting the Taco ready for a trip to Moab with a bunch of Vermont Overland guys.
    WLFFGreg
    WLFFGreg

Post by WLFFGreg Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:52 am

Maybe possibly a bit excited. Ready for the freeze and thaw pattern to end so things can finally dry out! Exploring is at a standstill in northern NH until the roads come off the mud season bans. On top of that, my wife and I are moving north further at the end of May, so timing is a bit tough!
    Six sons
    Six sons

Post by Six sons Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:35 pm

Most definitely getting excited!
    I put my FJ on a diet in the winter by pulling skids, sliders, roof rack, etc.. Few weeks ago I started rehabbing the Baja Rack (crap powder coat) same with the light bar. Sand and refinish my abused sliders. Just got all that mounted up today between the rain showers. Reinstalling the full set of skids is next. Then I need to pull the ARB bull bar to swap in the new to me Viking winch. A little progress feels good..

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:16 pm