Northeast Overland

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northeast Overland is Maine's leading self reliant adventure travel community in the Northeast Region of the U.S. Led by a Registered Maine Guide, you can be sure that you'll have an unforgettable adventure all while we TreadLightly!

+4
MtnClimber
ZiMM
vtrover3
Admin
8 posters

Northeast Overland's First Annual Wicked Waterfall Ride

Northeast Overland's First Annual Wicked Waterfall Ride - Page 2 Empty Re: Northeast Overland's First Annual Wicked Waterfall Ride

Post by Guest Tue May 02, 2017 10:49 am

You can go as mild or wild as you so choose to, the only discerning factors would be time/space. In the morning we like to try to get a driver's meeting going around 8 and then head out after that. I've done everything from a full eggs, bacon, and toast breakfast to granola bars.

Lunch again is determined on how fast you can build and break down your equipment. We try to like to keep lunches to 30 to 45 minutes. If there needs to be added time it's not a big deal but that at least gives you something to gauge off of.

Dinners are usually dependent on how much time people want to spend conversing around the campfire as well as how long it takes them to get there sleeping situation up to par.

For us the overlanding portion of this is the ability to create a system with your rig that allows for the best wheeling, sleeping and eating situation for your needs. It can be a delicate balance to figure out those three main goals of the trip.

I love to eat and make big meals. I sacrifice weight and space inside the rig to ensure I have lots of food and the abilities to prepare whatever I choose to bring. Back when I had my Wrangler as my overlanding vehicle it was a different story due to space constraints.

Northeast Overland's First Annual Wicked Waterfall Ride - Page 2 Empty Re: Northeast Overland's First Annual Wicked Waterfall Ride

Post by Guest Mon May 15, 2017 3:49 am

What time are we planning on meeting on Friday night?
    MtnClimber
    MtnClimber
    Admin

Post by MtnClimber Mon May 15, 2017 6:28 am

Mongoose Maine wrote:What time are we planning on meeting on Friday night?

Please arrive between 4 and 6pm on Friday night. Original post has been updated with more info on the exact meeting location!

Post by Guest Wed May 17, 2017 11:50 am

Any chance one of you guys would be willing to help my tune my CB Friday night, I've got the SWR meter and a freshly installed CB, but not the slightest idea when it comes to tuning it...
    MtnClimber
    MtnClimber
    Admin

Post by MtnClimber Wed May 17, 2017 11:59 am

strangerranger wrote:Any chance one of you guys would be willing to help my tune my CB Friday night, I've got the SWR meter and a freshly installed CB, but not the slightest idea when it comes to tuning it...
    I can do that for ya Wink I'll bring my meter too

Post by Guest Mon May 22, 2017 11:35 am

MtnClimber wrote:I can do that for ya Wink I'll bring my meter too

I think we're good now! Did some youtubing and figured out that my issue was the isolation washer was on the wrong side of my antenna cable stud causing no ground. We're good now at 1.2/1.4 SWR on 1 and 40. So one less thing for you to pack!
    MtnClimber
    MtnClimber
    Admin

Post by MtnClimber Mon May 22, 2017 11:37 am

Haha, I've done that before Very Happy
    We'll be running ch 16 for almost all our Northeast Overland events, in case you want to get the most out of that channel. But your reading is great!

Post by Guest Tue May 23, 2017 3:16 pm

Jareb 5jbarrett is looking for you over in the expedition portal!
    MtnClimber
    MtnClimber
    Admin

Post by MtnClimber Tue May 23, 2017 3:55 pm

Mongoose Maine wrote:Jareb 5jbarrett is looking for you over in the expedition portal!
    Copy that
    ME OFF Rd
    ME OFF Rd

Post by ME OFF Rd Tue May 23, 2017 4:28 pm

Well it's official now, I'm not going to make this trip Crying or Very sad Pretty bummed out looks like I'm going to be missing a good one.

Post by Guest Tue May 23, 2017 5:45 pm

ME OFF Rd wrote:Well it's official now, I'm not going to make this trip Crying or Very sad  Pretty bummed out looks like I'm going to be missing a good one.

Damn that sucks I have a mini keg that I need help drinking.
    MtnClimber
    MtnClimber
    Admin

Post by MtnClimber Tue May 23, 2017 5:56 pm

ME OFF Rd wrote:Well it's official now, I'm not going to make this trip Crying or Very sad  Pretty bummed out looks like I'm going to be missing a good one.

Boooooo Crying or Very sad
    NBMike

Post by NBMike Tue May 23, 2017 7:19 pm

I've had a friend of mine in Maine trying to track me down a 2013 or newer edition of the Maine Atlas and Gazetteer with no luck. Too late now. Any chance someone can find me a copy and I can reimburse (or waive this requirement)? Also, planning to install my CB tomorrow night and might join those of you that will be tuning their antenna's if that's ok?
    MtnClimber
    MtnClimber
    Admin

Post by MtnClimber Tue May 23, 2017 7:21 pm

NBMike wrote:I've had a friend of mine in Maine trying to track me down a 2013 or newer edition of the Maine Atlas and Gazetteer with no luck.  Too late now.  Any chance someone can find me a copy and I can reimburse (or waive this requirement)?  Also, planning to install my CB tomorrow night and might join those of you that will be tuning their antenna's if that's ok?

I can look for one. There must've been a dozen of them at Cabela's in Scarborough, Me a few weeks ago. I'll also bring my SWR meter with me Wink

Also, what do you plan on driving for a rig? How many passengers? Any dogs? Ground tent, RTT, or sleeping in your rig? Very Happy
    Smatts
    Smatts

Post by Smatts Tue May 23, 2017 7:22 pm

That's interesting, because where I'm at you can pick one up at just about any gas station. But I can snag you one if you'd like. I'll be one of the first ones there Friday evening
    NBMike

Post by NBMike Tue May 23, 2017 7:51 pm

MtnClimber wrote:
    NBMike wrote:I've had a friend of mine in Maine trying to track me down a 2013 or newer edition of the Maine Atlas and Gazetteer with no luck.  Too late now.  Any chance someone can find me a copy and I can reimburse (or waive this requirement)?  Also, planning to install my CB tomorrow night and might join those of you that will be tuning their antenna's if that's ok?

I can look for one. There must've been a dozen of them at Cabela's in Scarborough, Me a few weeks ago. I'll also bring my SWR meter with me Wink

Also, what do you plan on driving for a rig? How many passengers? Any dogs? Ground tent, RTT, or sleeping in your rig? Very Happy

I have a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willy's Edition.  3.5" Lift and 35's.  Just me and a ground tent for this trip.  RTT ordered.  Looks like Smatts has volunteered to pick me up a Maine Atlas (see next post).

Last edited by NBMike on Tue May 23, 2017 7:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
    NBMike

Post by NBMike Tue May 23, 2017 7:52 pm

Smatts wrote:That's interesting, because where I'm at you can pick one up at just about any gas station. But I can snag you one if you'd like. I'll be one of the first ones there Friday evening

Thanks, much appreciated.

Post by Guest Wed May 24, 2017 7:41 am

Mongoose Maine wrote:Damn that sucks I have a mini keg that I need help drinking.

I can help you with that! I do plan on bringing up a growler or two from my local micro-brew, if anyone is interested in trading and sharing. Cause I just got my beer... I mean food fridge mounted.

Painted it with black bedliner after.
    Northeast Overland's First Annual Wicked Waterfall Ride - Page 2 880770d1495625920-what-did-you-do-your-fj-cruiser-today-img_2361

Post by Guest Wed May 24, 2017 4:03 pm

strangerranger wrote:
    Mongoose Maine wrote:Damn that sucks I have a mini keg that I need help drinking.

I can help you with that! I do plan on bringing up a growler or two from my local micro-brew, if anyone is interested in trading and sharing. Cause I just got my beer... I mean food fridge mounted.

Painted it with black bedliner after.
    Northeast Overland's First Annual Wicked Waterfall Ride - Page 2 880770d1495625920-what-did-you-do-your-fj-cruiser-today-img_2361

not a problem you help me with the beer I will help you with the food. lol

Post by Guest Thu May 25, 2017 7:59 am

Count me in guys! I'll be sure to bring some of my own.
    NBMike

Post by NBMike Thu May 25, 2017 4:14 pm

Things aren't coming together as planned and unfortunately I'm going to have to cancel. Have a good weekend. See y'all in the future.
    MtnClimber
    MtnClimber
    Admin

Post by MtnClimber Thu May 25, 2017 7:01 pm

NBMike wrote:Things aren't coming together as planned and unfortunately I'm going to have to cancel.  Have a good weekend.  See y'all in the future.

Aaw, that's crappy. Was hoping to have another Canadian on one of our rides Crying or Very sad
    Toynado

Post by Toynado Fri May 26, 2017 10:47 am

My buddy doesn't get out of work until 5pm, I will try and see if he can ditch early. If not I will be arriving at 7pm in a blue tacoma.
    MtnClimber
    MtnClimber
    Admin

Post by MtnClimber Fri May 26, 2017 11:08 am

Toynado wrote:My buddy doesn't get out of work until 5pm, I will try and see if he can ditch early. If not I will be arriving at 7pm in a blue tacoma.

Copy that!

Post by Guest Fri May 26, 2017 3:52 pm

Sitting in wicked traffic on I95 in NH, before Maine. Original eta was 17:00. Probably looking closer to 20:00. Eh, get there when I get there I guess.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:44 pm