Northeast Overland

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northeast Overland is Maine's leading self reliant adventure travel community in the Northeast Region of the U.S. Led by a Registered Maine Guide, you can be sure that you'll have an unforgettable adventure all while we TreadLightly!

+13
MtnClimber
GraniteStateJeeper
MainelyFord
VT t4r
toddm
s0nnenberg
Likeamokey
XJSoldier
Dodgerex
REDrum
sloth
steal63
freerider
17 posters

Northeast Overland's 4th Annual 'Moose on the Loose'

Pemrick23
    Pemrick23

Northeast Overland's 4th Annual 'Moose on the Loose' - Page 2 Empty Re: Northeast Overland's 4th Annual 'Moose on the Loose'

Post by Pemrick23 Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:35 am

also, how do we specify which trip we want to go on? August would work much better for my team since we won't be ready for June. I just don't want it to be randomized and then my team is not ready. Do i just specify when i go to register?

Northeast Overland's 4th Annual 'Moose on the Loose' - Page 2 Empty Re: Northeast Overland's 4th Annual 'Moose on the Loose'

Post by Guest Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:53 am

Pemrick23 wrote:also, how do we specify which trip we want to go on? August would work much better for my team since we won't be ready for June. I just don't want it to be randomized and then my team is not ready. Do i just specify when i go to register?

Yup just put in the info tab on PayPal your team info and which date you'd like.

Post by Guest Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:58 am

Just a reminder to those who will be signing up for these epic trips.

"When you register, please supply us with your full name, address, phone number, screen name, forum affiliation, vehicle info (yr, make, model) along with your Teammates full info as well. We will also need the t-shirt sizes for both drivers. Also, please include which dates you would like to attend."

Post by Guest Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:43 am

Pemrick23 wrote:What does the ride fee go to? And does each rig have to have the required equipment or can one team share maps and compass'? Can each team share tools? Does each rig need their own recovery/extraction kit or can a team share one?

Hey Pemrick23,

Ride fees go towards a plethora of items from swag, to stickers, to raffle prizes, to catered food for the event. We want people to have the ultimate experience.  Add in the fact that we will be providing a possible route that will ensure that you can traverse the entire trip without running into gates or roadblocks and all of the other time and effort that is put into putting on such an event, we are barely making out even on these trips.  But, we don't do them for the money.  We do it to maintain the websites and forums, which also allows the sites to stay free of charge, we don't charge any member dues or fees for other rides we put on throughout the year as well.

We require that each rig has their own required equipment.  Most rigs should have the majority of the required equipment as it is when adventuring out into the wilderness as it's a good practice to know how to use the equipment in case it is needed.  

My vantage has always been that 1 is none and 2 is one ie.  If one of your winches or recovery strap bites the dust and now two rigs are relying on a single winch or strap to get them through the event and home, it's gonna be a long day for everyone involved, hence the required equipment for each vehicle.
    Pemrick23
    Pemrick23

Post by Pemrick23 Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:56 am

Thank you fj boozah! It just helps a little more to know more information
    XJSoldier
    XJSoldier

Post by XJSoldier Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:55 am

5 minutes!!! Not that I'm clock watching or anything!

Pemrick23
    Pemrick23

Post by Pemrick23 Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:05 pm

All registered!

Post by Guest Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:06 pm

Pemrick23 wrote:All registered!

Yessah! Can't wait to see you guys!
    XJSoldier
    XJSoldier

Post by XJSoldier Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:07 pm

Registered for June. Now to work on my black fly recipes...
    Likeamokey
    Likeamokey

Post by Likeamokey Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:15 pm

Registered for june. Can you confirm that you recieved my payment?
    MtnClimber
    MtnClimber
    Admin

Post by MtnClimber Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:16 pm

Likeamokey wrote:Registered for june. Can you confirm that you recieved my payment?

We got it, thanks!
    s0nnenberg

Post by s0nnenberg Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:18 pm

Just signed up for August!  Seriously looking forward to this one.  Sent all my and my teammate's info via the paypal notes section, if you need anything else just let me know.
    MtnClimber
    MtnClimber
    Admin

Post by MtnClimber Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:19 pm

s0nnenberg wrote:Just signed up for August!  Seriously looking forward to this one.  Sent all my and my teammate's info via the paypal notes section, if you need anything else just let me know.

Payment received, thanks!
    XJSoldier
    XJSoldier

Post by XJSoldier Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:20 pm

Registered for June. Payment received?
    MtnClimber
    MtnClimber
    Admin

Post by MtnClimber Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:23 pm

XJSoldier wrote:Registered for June. Payment received?

Yessir!
    Pemrick23
    Pemrick23

Post by Pemrick23 Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:25 pm

FJ Boozah wrote:

Yessah!   Can't wait to see you guys!

Payment received? I can't wait! Got a lot to do for prepping for this trip!
    MtnClimber
    MtnClimber
    Admin

Post by MtnClimber Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:27 pm

Payment received!

Post by Guest Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:28 pm

Pemrick23 wrote:
    FJ Boozah wrote:

Yessah!   Can't wait to see you guys!

Payment received? I can't wait! Got a lot to do for prepping for this trip!

Let us know if you need any help!
    Pemrick23
    Pemrick23

Post by Pemrick23 Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:34 pm

I did not see the template before I registered. But we will be bringing our dog. My team is from the Portsmouth/Dover NH area.

Post by Guest Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:45 pm

Pemrick23 wrote:I did not see the template before I registered. But we will be bringing our dog. My team is from the Portsmouth/Dover NH area.

Ok if you could post up your info via the template on here so that we have it that would be great.
    felbell85
    felbell85

Post by felbell85 Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:52 pm

Team: Guard Dogs
    Team Drivers: Felicia Bell (felbell85) and Matt Glazier (Smatts)
    Vehicles: 2005 Toyota Tacoma Sport/2004 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road
    Team Mascots: Ollie and TJ (four legged, furry friends)
    Description: Matt and I met through a mutual friend a couple years ago and have been adventuring off road together ever since. Competing to see who can go further and harder in our Taco's, we've built our trucks in similar fashion with a few exceptions here and there. We look forward to meeting everyone on the August trip!

Post by Guest Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:53 pm

Thank you everyone for your payments thus far! We have some exciting things up our sleeve for this year, we can't wait to show you!
    Pemrick23
    Pemrick23

Post by Pemrick23 Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:17 pm

Team: Team Toyota
    Drivers: Sammie Pemrick (Pemrick23) Jordan Frye (not a member)
    Vehicles: 1999 Toyota 4Runner, 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
    Dogs?: 1 furry baby, Mrs Luna
    Description: Jordan and I have been Toyota lovers for some time now. I got my rig about 3 years ago. She recently went under the knife, by yours truly, and got some massive upgrades! Jordan has recently purchased a long lost love, FJ Cruiser. She will be going under the knife this summer for her upgrades but not as drastic as my Lexi. We live in the Dover/Portsmouth NH area with our crazy energetic dog and 2 wild cats. We've never been on an overland trip before, so we have done some reading and prepping before registering for this trip. Were hoping to travel along with a couple other teams that have some experience and accept our amateur nature with overlanding. We hope to enjoy this trip and go on many more with more and more experience!

(sorry for the late post FJ Boozah but this is the info you requested. You got most in the paypal but this is how the template was suppose to be.)
    XJSoldier
    XJSoldier

Post by XJSoldier Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:14 pm

Team: Service
    Drivers: Scott - XJSoldier (Active Duty Army) and John (Police Detective)
    Rigs: 2000 Jeep XJ and 1998 Jeep XJ
    Description: John and I met at an Overland event a while back. We've been to Overland events, celebrated family birthdays, traversed the Tetons with our families and gotten together for weekend activities when our schedules meshed. In the planning stages for us are overland trips to the Canadian Maritimes, the western US, Alaska and Iceland.
    toddm

Post by toddm Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:03 am

Todd mester and ryan christensen paid individually but going as a team for the june run. team name to be determined later. we've had issues with the site but all seems fine now.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:06 am