Northeast Overland

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northeast Overland is Maine's leading self reliant adventure travel community in the Northeast Region of the U.S. Led by a Registered Maine Guide, you can be sure that you'll have an unforgettable adventure all while we TreadLightly!

+26
WLFFGreg
Wolftaco
4lowco
Six sons
Bob Freda
clymber
ZGriswold
awb1976
muffinman
Backwoods
Admin
rapovt
JKNY
hard2kill
proper4wd
Vtrover5
Mr. Mike
overez
cthulhu
REDrum
Lazzm
Cbrown413
Wolfman
TacoVT85
PJF24
joopjku
30 posters

Northeast Overland's 3rd Annual 'Moose on the Loose'

WLFFGreg
    WLFFGreg

Northeast Overland's 3rd Annual 'Moose on the Loose' - Page 5 Empty Re: Northeast Overland's 3rd Annual 'Moose on the Loose'

Post by WLFFGreg Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:59 pm

Six sons wrote:Most definitely getting excited!
    I put my FJ on a diet in the winter by pulling skids, sliders, roof rack, etc.. Few weeks ago I started rehabbing the Baja Rack (crap powder coat) same with the light bar. Sand and refinish my abused sliders. Just got all that mounted up today between the rain showers. Reinstalling the full set of skids is next. Then I need to pull the ARB bull bar to swap in the new to me Viking winch. A little progress feels good..

Meat fest 2016! That's all I got out of the above post. Laughing
    Six sons
    Six sons

Northeast Overland's 3rd Annual 'Moose on the Loose' - Page 5 Empty Re: Northeast Overland's 3rd Annual 'Moose on the Loose'

Post by Six sons Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:17 pm

LOL... Working on that already too....

WLFFGreg wrote:
    I put my FJ on a diet in the winter by pulling skids, sliders, roof rack, etc.. Few weeks ago I started rehabbing the Baja Rack (crap powder coat) same with the light bar. Sand and refinish my abused sliders. Just got all that mounted up today between the rain showers. Reinstalling the full set of skids is next. Then I need to pull the ARB bull bar to swap in the new to me Viking winch. A little progress feels good..

Meat fest 2016!  That's all I got out of the above post.  Laughing
    4lowco
    4lowco

Post by 4lowco Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:56 am

Looking forward to seeing that Viking winch in person.
    Six sons
    Six sons

Post by Six sons Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:38 pm

Should keep up with your Superwinch Carl...A shame it will hide its good looks in the ARB. Has a nice legacy though. Its previous owner is none other than 'Scott Brady' from Overland Journal and Expedition Portal.

4lowco wrote:Looking forward to seeing that Viking winch in person.

Post by Guest Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:55 pm

Folks, please check your email for an important notice on t-shirt sizing that is needed for your grab bags. We need the info by the 14th of April.
    JKNY
    JKNY

Post by JKNY Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:54 pm

Six sons wrote:LOL... Working on that already too....

WLFFGreg wrote:

Meat fest 2016!  That's all I got out of the above post.  Laughing

I second that and am more than happy to chip in! Mike you bringing the trailer?
    Superduty11
    Superduty11

Post by Superduty11 Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:20 pm

Camping gear all packed in the truck, wont be much to put in when the time comes for adventure.
    Wolfman

Northeast Overland's 3rd Annual 'Moose on the Loose' - Page 5 Empty Rig dropped out

Post by Wolfman Sat May 07, 2016 5:33 pm

My partner and his co-driver dropped out I have replacements. What's the next step for that?
    hard2kill
    hard2kill

Post by hard2kill Sat May 07, 2016 8:06 pm

Clymber wanted to go.... He posted on page 4 maybe message him?

Wolfman wrote:My partner and his co-driver  dropped out I have replacements. What's the next step for that?
    Wolfman

Post by Wolfman Sat May 07, 2016 9:54 pm

I already have someone to replace the guy that dropped out. Just need to let whoever know about the change of rig and driver. Etc.
    hard2kill
    hard2kill

Post by hard2kill Sun May 08, 2016 8:10 pm

Wolfman wrote:I already have someone to replace the guy that dropped out. Just need to let whoever know about the change of rig and driver. Etc.

PM Fjboozah

Post by Guest Sun May 08, 2016 9:08 pm

Yeah just PM me the info and I'll change it.  Sorry for the delay we've been in the woods for the last few days
    cthulhu
    cthulhu

Post by cthulhu Mon May 09, 2016 2:35 pm

Will there be any map info released?
    States, any park maps, etc. any of that info?

For the benefit of those of us who slice & laminate Very Happy
    WLFFGreg
    WLFFGreg

Post by WLFFGreg Sun May 15, 2016 10:36 pm

Just going to throw this out there for you folks to consider.

We'll be ending somewhere around northern NH (you'll know for sure where come 6/18) Wink . South of our ending spot isJericho Mountain State Park located outside of Berlin, NH. More than likely if you're traveling home, you'll be going right through this area.

Why am I pitching this location? This camp ground also happens to be the home of North Woods Off-Road http://www.nwor4x4.org/jerichotrail.htm, New England's only legal 4x4 trail located on state land! They've only got one trail (considered a moderate) at this point, but it would be nice to get some people up here checking it out. I'll be running the trail before MOTL in my FJ to see exactly how hard it is - from the looks of the entrance I'd guess I'll be using my sliders and skids a bit. Depending on our ending time, perhaps we could hit this Saturday afternoon/evening, or Sunday morning. It'll be one more chance to work your rigs before you head home for the weekly grind!

Hope all your plans and prep are going well for MOTL 2016!
    Wolftaco
    Wolftaco

Post by Wolftaco Wed May 18, 2016 11:48 am

Catching up on this thread. Super excited to see some old friends and some new ones added to the list! Looking forward to what the NE O'land guys have up there sleeve....Last year's ultimate challenge was a blast, total multi-team effort to get through those overgrown trails. I haven't had much time to get the taco ready, with wedding, honeymoon, etc, this spring has been real tough to get any work done for this. Based on last year, my priority for MOTL 3 is rear dust lights. Also have some torn boots on my tie rod ends and UCAs, hopefully ball joints are okay. And my 10year old clutch, which surprisingly still isn't slipping, despite smoking it pretty good during the NH Overland Challenge, right Gregg, lol?! I hope I am able to get everything done in time, otherwise I might be rolling the dice again on the old clutch again...
    WLFFGreg
    WLFFGreg

Post by WLFFGreg Wed May 18, 2016 12:26 pm

Bah, that clutch smelt like it had plenty of life left! Can wait to see you two and Zoey as well!
    MtnClimber
    MtnClimber
    Admin

Post by MtnClimber Tue May 24, 2016 8:34 pm

cthulhu wrote:Will there be any map info released?

Maine Gazetteer Maps to be concerned with are as follows in no particular order: 48, 47, 40, 38, 39, 17, 18, 27, 28, & 29
    New Hampshire/Vermont Gazetteer Maps to be concerned with are as follows in no particular order: 44, 29, 36, & 45

Last edited by MtnClimber on Wed May 25, 2016 8:21 am; edited 1 time in total
    booth9c1ss
    booth9c1ss

Post by booth9c1ss Wed May 25, 2016 7:47 am

The NH map numbers, is that the old NH Gazetteer or the newer NH/VT Gazetteer?

MtnClimber wrote:
    cthulhu wrote:Will there be any map info released?

Maine Gazetteer Maps to be concerned with are as follows in no particular order: 48, 47, 40, 38, 39, 17, 18, 27, 28, & 29
    New Hampshire/Vermont Gazetteer Maps to be concerned with are as follows in no particular order: 44, 29, 36, & 45
    MtnClimber
    MtnClimber
    Admin

Post by MtnClimber Wed May 25, 2016 8:21 am

It's the NH/VT combo Gazetteer. We always try to use the latest and greatest maps for the most current and upta date information.
    hard2kill
    hard2kill

Post by hard2kill Wed May 25, 2016 9:21 pm

So I got my Tacoma back last Friday from Toyota with a fresh frame under it!!!! Now I can't just bolt on rusty parts to a new frame so I'm basically doing a frame off rebuild of the taco in the next 2weeks while running a construction company lol.....
    Sandblasting and painting all skids/sliders/bumpers and racks
    New ucas,lcas,brake lines,pads,bumpstops,leaf springs,CB setup, Arb awning with additional tent/room, rewire all my lights, new 12k XRC comp winch, new hi lift 60in extreme,new body lift,all new hardware and mounting bolts, lotus racing HD axles, new grill and cooking and camp gear...
    Then I need to tub my inner fenders and reweld my rocksliders on my new frame, fabricate a new cab mount for my front mounts as there in the way of my 37's lol.... Please prey for me everyone LMAO
    N
    OffRoadMazda
    OffRoadMazda

Post by OffRoadMazda Thu May 26, 2016 8:25 am

I've been to Jericho and it is more difficult then moderate. It took all day to do and I needed a lot of help. Your rig will get body and underside damage. But that was the first week open so it may be better now? It's there first trail and they hope to have other levels soon, easir and harder.
    WLFFGreg
    WLFFGreg

Post by WLFFGreg Thu May 26, 2016 11:45 am

OffRoadMazda wrote:I've been to Jericho and it is more difficult then moderate. It took all day to do and I needed a lot of help. Your rig will get body and underside damage. But that was the first week open so it may be better now? It's there first trail and they hope to have other levels soon, easir and harder.

I'm going to walk the trail tomorrow morning to see how it looks (handy that the park is just down the street from where I live). The first section and end section look okay. Hopefully I'll run the trail somewhere around 6/6-10, right now it's still closed pending the Governor's signature to make the park permanent. This is pending having a friend available to do it with me - might drag one of the NWOR folks in for a trip.

If it's not too hard, it might be a good time after MOTL. If not, it's at least a great place to camp before everyone's journey from the MOTL end point).

Greg
    hard2kill
    hard2kill

Post by hard2kill Thu May 26, 2016 10:26 pm

I accept all challenges with a smile;)..... Body and underside damage is a requirement for fun

WLFFGreg wrote:
    OffRoadMazda wrote:I've been to Jericho and it is more difficult then moderate. It took all day to do and I needed a lot of help. Your rig will get body and underside damage. But that was the first week open so it may be better now? It's there first trail and they hope to have other levels soon, easir and harder.

I'm going to walk the trail tomorrow morning to see how it looks (handy that the park is just down the street from where I live).  The first section and end section look okay.  Hopefully I'll run the trail somewhere around 6/6-10, right now it's still closed pending the Governor's signature to make the park permanent.  This is pending having a friend available to do it with me - might drag one of the NWOR folks in for a trip.  

If it's not too hard, it might be a good time after MOTL.  If not, it's at least a great place to camp before everyone's journey from the MOTL end point).  

Greg
    MtnClimber
    MtnClimber
    Admin

Post by MtnClimber Sun May 29, 2016 7:38 am

Is it too early to start packing? Laughing
    Superduty11
    Superduty11

Post by Superduty11 Sun May 29, 2016 2:04 pm

Hell no! My truck almost totally packed. Just needs clothes, food and drink

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:44 am