Northeast Overland

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northeast Overland is Maine's leading self reliant adventure travel community in the Northeast Region of the U.S. Led by a Registered Maine Guide, you can be sure that you'll have an unforgettable adventure all while we TreadLightly!

+28
vtrover
wntrcmpr
Gryphon
TangoBlue
Stevesimpson6
scrowley
WLFFGreg
cthulhu
missfire
Team Harrington
Lazzm
sjh3
rapovt
richcz28
joopjku
yves rodrigue
Barrows
Modeler
myoverlandrover
Mr. Mike
steewoz
ZiMM
bicyclemayhem
REDrum
AllanR
sourek
booth9c1ss
MtnClimber
32 posters

Northeast Overland's 'Moose on the Loose' Ride

Barrows
    Barrows

Northeast Overland's 'Moose on the Loose'  Ride - Page 8 Empty Re: Northeast Overland's 'Moose on the Loose' Ride

Post by Barrows Fri May 02, 2014 11:14 am

joopjku wrote:Steve and Tim...looks like you guys have some nice rigs...and I promise the warrants have been taken care of...lol!!!

Looking forward to this run everyone.  Getting closer...sitting down today to secure some lodging for Wed evening and Sun evening..somewhere with WARM WATER AND SHOWERS...no doubt.  

What are you all doing to prep with your rigs?

Sounds like an excuse to add an onboard heat exchanger and shower setup...... Twisted Evil 

cthulhu wrote:FWIW, if anyone coming from south of CT wants to camp overnight before the meeting day, we have 55 acres here in CT and a big field you are welcome to pitch a tent in. It overlooks a pond and is a nice way to wake up.

Our cottage is tiny but there's a couch to crash on, it folds out into a bed but your tent is better...trust me, I've spent some nights on that couch Embarassed You're welcome to use the shower, too.

Located in Warren, CT.

That is very generous of you.
    joopjku
    joopjku

Northeast Overland's 'Moose on the Loose'  Ride - Page 8 Empty Re: Northeast Overland's 'Moose on the Loose' Ride

Post by joopjku Fri May 02, 2014 11:19 am

Barrows wrote:
    Sounds like an excuse to add an onboard heat exchanger and shower setup...... Twisted Evil 

Well, I am building a new rig..14 JKU, so little by little...thats a bit far down on the list right now.
    Mr. Mike
    Mr. Mike

Post by Mr. Mike Fri May 02, 2014 4:24 pm

FJ Boozah wrote:While consuming lots of water.....
    Yeah, water.
    myoverlandrover

Post by myoverlandrover Fri May 02, 2014 4:27 pm

joopjku wrote:Steve and Tim...looks like you guys have some nice rigs...and I promise the warrants have been taken care of...lol!!!

Looking forward to this run everyone.  Getting closer...sitting down today to secure some lodging for Wed evening and Sun evening..somewhere with WARM WATER AND SHOWERS...no doubt.  

What are you all doing to prep with your rigs?

I bought a nemo shower for 100$ish which will get us by or you can drop 300+ for a propane unit that ive heard first hand works very very well but takes up a good amount of space
    booth9c1ss
    booth9c1ss

Post by booth9c1ss Fri May 02, 2014 4:35 pm

Has there been any mention of teams to caravan up?  It sounds like we have several traveling up the I-95 corridor and another group traveling east on US route 2.

It looks like the Maine welcome station on I-95 in York is about three hours from the rendezvous point (via 95, then ME 201 in Fairfield)
    myoverlandrover

Post by myoverlandrover Fri May 02, 2014 4:56 pm

sounds great, im in york and would love to roll north with a crew
    joopjku
    joopjku

Post by joopjku Fri May 02, 2014 8:51 pm

I have at least 2 rigs leaving from Vince Lombardi Rest Stop on the Jersey Turnpike on Wednesday morning.  Staying at a campground that has cabins Wed night.  All are welcome to join.
    WLFFGreg
    WLFFGreg

Post by WLFFGreg Sat May 03, 2014 9:21 am

My wife and I will be coming across Rt. 2, we are in Whitefield, NH. There is either a campground in Jefferson (with hot showers) that I could get us some space at (probably for cheap - just got to get the owner some Jameson's).

7 weeks to go!

Greg
    joopjku
    joopjku

Post by joopjku Sat May 03, 2014 9:43 am

We will be at Gateway Rec and Lodging in Bingham.  Would post the link,but i did that on FB, and it was removed, so you can google it.  Hot showers and cabins if anyone wanted to go that route.
    MtnClimber
    MtnClimber
    Admin

Post by MtnClimber Sat May 03, 2014 9:48 am

joopjku wrote:We will be at Gateway Rec and Lodging in Bingham.  Would post the link,but i did that on FB, and it was removed, so you can google it.  Hot showers and cabins if anyone wanted to go that route.

Here?
    www.gateway-rec.com
    joopjku
    joopjku

Post by joopjku Sat May 03, 2014 3:40 pm

You got it.
    cthulhu
    cthulhu

Post by cthulhu Sat May 03, 2014 4:56 pm

What are you guys going to do all day until 5pm?
    booth9c1ss
    booth9c1ss

Post by booth9c1ss Sat May 03, 2014 6:22 pm

Probably relaxing Smile

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 6:29 pm

We'll need some prep time as well to make sure this all goes off without a hitch.
    joopjku
    joopjku

Post by joopjku Sat May 03, 2014 10:39 pm

Relaxing...prob be a late night Wed.
    Stevesimpson6
    Stevesimpson6

Post by Stevesimpson6 Tue May 06, 2014 8:29 pm

I can you all are going to be a lot of fun.
    I just picked up the Warbonnet Blackbird XLC hammock for this trip.
    Woohoo
    Barrows
    Barrows

Post by Barrows Tue May 06, 2014 8:31 pm

Nice buy Steve, it should be a nice set up.
    Stevesimpson6
    Stevesimpson6

Post by Stevesimpson6 Tue May 06, 2014 10:01 pm

Thanks, Richard recommended it
    sjh3
    sjh3

Post by sjh3 Fri May 16, 2014 12:24 pm

1. Have coordinates been established where we will all meet on Thursday at 5 PM?
    2. Have coordinates been established where we will all meet on Friday morning?
    3. Is it final that we will complete the run on Sunday at Pittston Farms?
    4. What is the estimated time we will complete the run on Sunday?

We are trying to figure out lodging arrangements. Thanks
    MtnClimber
    MtnClimber
    Admin

Post by MtnClimber Fri May 16, 2014 1:13 pm

sjh3 wrote:
    1. Have coordinates been established where we will all meet on Thursday at 5 PM?
    2. Have coordinates been established where we will all meet on Friday morning?
    3. Is it final that we will complete the run on Sunday at Pittston Farms?
    4. What is the estimated time we will complete the run on Sunday?

We are trying to figure out lodging arrangements. Thanks

1 & 2: Coordinates for Thursday night are N 45* 06.167'  W 69* 45.689'  Type it into google maps like this 
    --->  45 06.167-69 45.689
    These coordinates are the same for Friday mernin.
    3: Yes, Pittston Farms will be the final meeting spot.
    4: Potentially around 12-1pm depending on when you break from camp.
    cthulhu
    cthulhu

Post by cthulhu Mon May 19, 2014 10:04 am

Just wanted to pass on that Delorme was have a $10 off sale on all atlases (gazeteers.) I know most of us are running GPS but the rec's mentioned having the atlas. Delorme's regular price is $19.95 & with 10 off it was about $15 to my door.
    cthulhu
    cthulhu

Post by cthulhu Mon May 19, 2014 10:04 am

Not sure if the sale is still going on by the way but I was away & couldn't post sooner.
    booth9c1ss
    booth9c1ss

Post by booth9c1ss Mon May 19, 2014 4:10 pm

Wow! that's a heckova deal.
    Barrows
    Barrows

Post by Barrows Mon May 19, 2014 4:22 pm

As far as I can tell the sale has ended.

Edit:

However I did find some really good deals on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/089933282X/ref=tmm_pap_new_olp_sr?ie=UTF8&condition=new&sr=8-1&qid=1400558301
    rapovt
    rapovt

Post by rapovt Tue May 27, 2014 10:11 pm

cthulhu wrote:As long as the maps are pre-loaded, yep. If you have to download the maps or map sections on-the-fly via cellular network, you might have a bad time.

I am going to set up an IPAD. I believe it has to be GPS capable and any advice on what program to run and where to download maps from and specifically what maps will we need to load?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 9:41 am