Northeast Overland

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northeast Overland is Maine's leading self reliant adventure travel community in the Northeast Region of the U.S. Led by a Registered Maine Guide, you can be sure that you'll have an unforgettable adventure all while we TreadLightly!

+7
REDrum
wntrcmpr
muffinman
sourek
MtnClimber
Barrows
Mr. Mike
11 posters

VOT 14

Barrows
    Barrows

VOT 14 - Page 4 Empty Re: VOT 14

Post by Barrows Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:42 pm

Fjboozer and both need/want a copilot, so we have room for two ....just not in the same rig.

Post by Guest Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:36 pm

FYI my passenger seat has been filled by a gentleman on Expo. Still one co-driver spot left.
    MtnClimber
    MtnClimber
    Admin

Post by MtnClimber Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:30 pm

Good for you FJ Boozah!!
    joopjku
    joopjku

Post by joopjku Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:03 pm

FJ..you still looking for a co-pilot?

Post by Guest Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:22 pm

I have a co-pilot. Barrows I believe still has an open seat.
    joopjku
    joopjku

Post by joopjku Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:52 pm

Barrows...Im in....not sure if you were at MOTL, but I was the one Jeep.
    Barrows
    Barrows

Post by Barrows Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:17 pm

Cool! I will send you a pm soon!
    Barrows
    Barrows

Post by Barrows Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:50 pm

Joopjku is out, he has to work, any one else?

Post by Guest Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:49 am

Ok. with the VOT less than 1 week away, the final prep on my rig is in full swing. There isn't a whole lot to do with it, but enough to make sure that creature comfort wise Adam and I can keep things moving along without much issue. Who else has some much needed final prep to do?
    Barrows
    Barrows

Post by Barrows Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:30 am

I have plenty of final prep I would love to be doing, however I am setting around bored out of my mind with a splitting ear ache, no voice and a sinus, ear, throat infection. I am out of the VOT this year per doctors orders and I have been looking for someone to take over my spot. I have posted on Expo and NortheastFJ, if anyone wants to go on knows anyone who would want to go....please send them my way. I want Chris to have a teammate and for my spot to be used.

"Hey guy's I know this is last minute and the chances of anyone being able to attend this are slim, but I am was set to attend the VOT with 03rubicon as team Northeast Overland. I have developed an ear and throat infection and I will not be able to attend. I am really looking for someone to step in a take over my spot as I don't want Chris to be without a teammate. Would anyone here care to buy my slot for a very reduced price? I am more interested in this spot being used then I am the money at this point."
    MtnClimber
    MtnClimber
    Admin

Post by MtnClimber Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:50 pm

Barrows wrote:I have plenty of final prep I would love to be doing, however I am setting around bored out of my mind with a splitting ear ache, no voice and a sinus, ear, throat infection. I am out of the VOT this year per doctors orders and I have been looking for someone to take over my spot.

You don't think you'll get over your sickness within a week? I heard you've had a sickness since last week so it should be long gone within the next 6 days...
    How much is still left to do to the Jeep to get it on the road? Maybe you could work on it while you're "sitting around bored out of your mind"  Laughing welder sawzall
    Barrows
    Barrows

Post by Barrows Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:45 pm

MtnClimber wrote:
    Barrows wrote:I have plenty of final prep I would love to be doing, however I am setting around bored out of my mind with a splitting ear ache, no voice and a sinus, ear, throat infection. I am out of the VOT this year per doctors orders and I have been looking for someone to take over my spot.

You don't think you'll get over your sickness within a week? I heard you've had a sickness since last week so it should be long gone within the next 6 days...
    How much is still left to do to the Jeep to get it on the road? Maybe you could work on it while you're "sitting around bored out of your mind"  Laughing welder :sawmill:

It would be great if I could.....but I wouldn't have taken the time off from work as sick days if I wasn't sick. If I wasn't sick this weekend I would have finished the last little bit I need to do in order to be ready for the trip. The frustrating thing is that with rest I will be better by Monday and my jeep, camping stuff won't be ready. Without rest my stuff would be done and I could go but I will still be too sick to go. Even if the planets aligned and I got better and my stuff got done in time, I wouldn't feel comfortable going on such a hard trip after being this sick. It wouldn't be fair to my teammates.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 1:34 am