Northeast Overland

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northeast Overland is Maine's leading self reliant adventure travel community in the Northeast Region of the U.S. Led by a Registered Maine Guide, you can be sure that you'll have an unforgettable adventure all while we TreadLightly!

3 posters

gold panning NH

whitemountainzj
    whitemountainzj

gold panning NH Empty gold panning NH

Post by whitemountainzj Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:59 pm

well i had a big trip planned for this weekend. been planning it for 4 months with several people viewing the thread (almost 4k views) and about 15 people saying they were going. Here we are a week before and i seem to be the only one going. If anyone would be interested, let me know. heres the itinerary. Maybe we can change the dates if anyone wants to go but cant make these dates.

When : june 7th, 8th, and 9th.
    Where: leaving from mass and driving up 93 to the kanc. Highway and making a stop at clarks trading post, then cruising to one of the park campground on the kanc. Highway. We may wait until we get up there to decide on which campground to stay at since only 2 of them are able to take reservations, the others are first come first serve, so we will probably make a reservation at one of them, then see if the others have available sites when we get there.
    Activities: we will be getting there Friday morning around 10am-11am. Then we will be doing different things each day, one day will be gold panning, another day will be river tubing, and then one day we will hang out in north Conway and see what else we can do. But gold panning and river tubing are a must depending on weather. There probably wont be much offroading going on. I know on one day we would like to cruise up the mount Washington scenic road to the summit and take some pics.
    If you are interested in attending, please let us know.
    No trouble makers! This is just going to be a relaxed trip, no party or anything. campfires, outdoors and our jeeps.
    If you need a cheap gold panning kit, cabelas has some for 30$ and up.
    whitemountainzj
    whitemountainzj

gold panning NH Empty Re: gold panning NH

Post by whitemountainzj Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:48 pm

it was on jeepforum, thats why it says jeeps, but all vehicles welcome
    MtnClimber
    MtnClimber
    Admin

Post by MtnClimber Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:27 pm

Definitely sounds like a blast! Unfortunately I gotta work Sad
    whitemountainzj
    whitemountainzj

Post by whitemountainzj Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:32 pm

So lets set some other dates and get a trip together!
    MtnClimber
    MtnClimber
    Admin

Post by MtnClimber Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:38 pm

Feel free!! Very Happy Check out the calendar, the Events Section and the Upcoming Adventures Section and plan it from there. Once you do, I'm sure people will join ya. I know I'm looking forward to it! Wink
    whitemountainzj
    whitemountainzj

Post by whitemountainzj Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:42 pm

will do. however, i really want the northeast overland sticker i saw on the trailer you have. how much??
    MtnClimber
    MtnClimber
    Admin

Post by MtnClimber Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:44 pm

Hubie
    Hubie

Post by Hubie Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:01 pm

I'd be down for a weekend like this in a big way! Love panning.... not good at it but like it anyway. Tubing is cool and my wife and I both like the Conway area very much. Be a good weekend trip for us and let the teens have a parent free weekend too.

Let me know if you have another weekend in mind and where the campgrounds are, etc. She'd be happy to just get away and read a book and I'd look forward to the panning.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Sep 18, 2024 10:04 pm