Northeast Overland

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northeast Overland is Maine's leading self reliant adventure travel community in the Northeast Region of the U.S. Led by a Registered Maine Guide, you can be sure that you'll have an unforgettable adventure all while we TreadLightly!

+2
MtnClimber
Admin
6 posters

Northeast Overland's Fourth Annual Fall Foliage Tour

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Northeast Overland's Fourth Annual Fall Foliage Tour Empty Northeast Overland's Fourth Annual Fall Foliage Tour

Post by Admin Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:14 am

Greetings All !

Northeast Overland is excited to present their Fourth Annual Fall Foliage Tour! And we are hoping that you can make it to the great State of Maine and see why everyone travels from afar to view our beautiful mountainous scenery during this perfect time of year! We will explore some of Maine's most scenic spots for sight-seeing, offer camping as primitive as possible, provide excellent opportunities for wildlife sightings, and some great Overlanding fun!

Northeast Overland's Fourth Annual Fall Foliage Tour Kyle-7

What: Northeast Overland's 4th Annual Fall Foliage Tour

When:
    Friday, October 6th to Monday, October 9th, 2017 (sweet spot for Maine's peak fall foliage season)

Where: Western Maine

Meeting Location: 187 Webb Beach Rd Weld, Me (Delorme Map 19, C2) (44.681737  -70.449439)

What to bring: Your street legal and well maintained 4WD vehicle, warm clothing, camping/sleeping/cooking provisions, basic extrication equipment (no chains!), food & water, spare parts/tools/knowledge, camera/batteries, etc. We will not quiz you on your stuff, you are all responsible adults, however we will be making sure you have the required equipment for every ones safety. Carrying extra fuel will not be necessary for the Fall Foliage Tour. Extra batteries for your camera is highly recommended tho!!

Required Equipment:
    • Five (5) 31" or bigger AT or MT tires & tools to change a flat (this means a full-size spare (5 of the same size))
    • Front and rear tow points
    • Properly tuned & working CB radio
    • Fire extinguisher
    • First aid kit; sufficient for the amount of people in your vehicle
    • 2013 or newer Maine Atlas & Gazetteer
    • At least one GPS per vehicle (handheld or street)
    • Basic tool kit for your vehicle

Recommended Equipment (in addition to the required list):
    • A good pair of hiking boots and your camera!
    • Tire repair kit, and/or compressor
    • Winch or come-along
    • Vehicle specific parts + tools
    • Warm clothing & rain gear
    • Spare parts for CB/Ham (radio, mic, cord, antenna)
    • Spade shovel, Hi-Lift, straps (no hooks on the straps and no chains!)
    • Toilet paper
    • Bring an article of blaze orange... We want you to be found if you wander off. Plus it's hunting season..

Northeast Overland's Fourth Annual Fall Foliage Tour Pbucket

What to Expect: We will be traveling mostly on well-built logging roads and some old grown-in roads with a limited amount of paved ways in between. Some "roads" are riddled with ginormous rocks (think boulders) and 4Lo will be used!! The occasional washout is to be expected as well. 4WD is absolutely required, bring something with decent ground clearance (we're talking 6-8" minimum) and positively, absolutely no dual rear wheeled vehicles. We can't stress this last one enough as some of the roads become very tight and the potential for narrow bridges being crossed will not support a dual wheeled vehicle. Some of the remote area that is being covered needs to be respected. Spotty cell service is to be expected as well.

All dogs must be leashed and or secured at all times. No free running or roaming around at all for everyone's comfort and safety. It's very easy to set up a runner for them as you can easily stretch a rope from tree to tree and use their leash as the runner. Or just attach them to your vehicle (when it's not in motion..). There are many different ways to secure one's beloved dog so as not to disrupt anyone's time during the event. Kids are not required to be leashed, however, adult supervision is requested at all times. Cats and any other animals/pets should be left at home. Thank you for your understanding.

Northeast Overland's Fourth Annual Fall Foliage Tour Pbucket
    Camping will be very similar to last year as we'll in a different location each night, the ole point-to-point style. And with that being said, camping will be provided for everyone going on Friday night right at Mt. Blue State Park Campground! We will have a mandatory drivers meeting at 0830 on Saturday morning so those that can't make it Friday night will be able to join us. The tour will end midday on Monday to allow people ample time who have to travel a great distance to get back home.

Northeast Overland's Fourth Annual Fall Foliage Tour 14718736_680612622107416_371788737170053321_n

Ride Fees: Non-refundable $100 per vehicle (not per person!). There is only a 10 vehicle limit, so be sure to get your spot! Routes are subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances. Fees will be accepted via PayPal. Monies can be sent to northeastoverland @ gmail . com
    Please put in the notes who your are; full name, this event (FFT), and also include your screen name please!

Northeast Overland's Fourth Annual Fall Foliage Tour 14670788_680613582107320_7107329129366275510_n
    MtnClimber
    MtnClimber
    Admin

Northeast Overland's Fourth Annual Fall Foliage Tour Empty Re: Northeast Overland's Fourth Annual Fall Foliage Tour

Post by MtnClimber Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:48 am

We still have a couple spots open! But don't delay, get yours today!
    XJSoldier
    XJSoldier

Northeast Overland's Fourth Annual Fall Foliage Tour Empty Re: Northeast Overland's Fourth Annual Fall Foliage Tour

Post by XJSoldier Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:51 am

I'm in!

Scott Corliss
    FFT
    XJSoldier
    XJSoldier
    XJSoldier

Post by XJSoldier Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:20 am

*Donation* sent via PayPal! :-)
    Blue lj

Post by Blue lj Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:40 am

Is there Still spots open ?
    Blue lj

Post by Blue lj Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:00 pm

I signed up And money is sent
    Mike young
    FFT
    TacoBaz
    TacoBaz

Post by TacoBaz Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:10 pm

Agree with Stranger! Very excited for this trip!

Purchasing some last minute items but will be ready to go Very Happy

Post by Guest Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:45 pm

TacoBaz wrote:Agree with Stranger! Very excited for this trip!

See you're from MA, where are you based out of?
    TacoBaz
    TacoBaz

Post by TacoBaz Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:27 pm

strangerranger wrote:
    TacoBaz wrote:Agree with Stranger! Very excited for this trip!

See you're from MA, where are you based out of?

Northborough, just outside Worcester, slightly North, and you?

Post by Guest Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:57 pm

Holyoke/Chicopee area, about an hour west of you. If you're interested in convoy-ing up together let me know when it gets closer to the run. I'll be headed right through there on my way north anyway.
    TacoBaz
    TacoBaz

Post by TacoBaz Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:48 pm

strangerranger wrote:Holyoke/Chicopee area, about an hour west of you. If you're interested in convoy-ing up together let me know when it gets closer to the run. I'll be headed right through there on my way north anyway.

Sounds good, appreciate the offer, especially if timing works out well!

Would be nice to follow a veteran up being a complete n00b to all this ;-)
    TacoBaz
    TacoBaz

Post by TacoBaz Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:26 am

Stupid/n00b Question

Do we need to bring bear spray???
    MtnClimber
    MtnClimber
    Admin

Post by MtnClimber Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:04 am

TacoBaz wrote:Stupid/n00b Question

Not a stupid question since we'll be in THEIR backyard, but no we'll be all set Wink
    TacoBaz
    TacoBaz

Post by TacoBaz Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:19 am

MtnClimber wrote:
    TacoBaz wrote:Stupid/n00b Question

Not a stupid question since we'll be in THEIR backyard, but no we'll be all set Wink

Perfect, thanks!!
    MtnClimber
    MtnClimber
    Admin

Post by MtnClimber Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:48 pm

Registration will officially close this Friday evening at 5pm!! There are only 2 spots left for this epic adventure!
    TacoBaz
    TacoBaz

Post by TacoBaz Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:11 pm

MtnClimber wrote:
    strangerranger wrote:What kind of temps should we be expecting? It's been pretty warm down here as of late...
    I use the WGME WX app on my Andrizzle phone, I duggest you do the same Wink
    Weld, Rangeley,  and Eustis areas....

Good call, done!!
    TacoBaz
    TacoBaz

Post by TacoBaz Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:24 am

How's the foliage looking up there?

Given there weather in my area Central MA (Worcester area), we have almost zero color at this point...keeping my fingers crossed that we have plenty up north!
    MtnClimber
    MtnClimber
    Admin

Post by MtnClimber Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:04 pm

TacoBaz wrote:How's the foliage looking up there?

Right now the area we're going to be in is 50-70% color change. Almost peak Wink
    TacoBaz
    TacoBaz

Post by TacoBaz Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:41 pm

MtnClimber wrote:
    TacoBaz wrote:How's the foliage looking up there?

Right now the area we're going to be in is 50-70% color change. Almost peak Wink

Outstanding!

Post by Guest Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:01 am

So this is first first adventure with you guys, how does it work Friday evening? Do i just roll into camp and look for rigs?
    MtnClimber
    MtnClimber
    Admin

Post by MtnClimber Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:37 am

Check in at the Ranger Station and we (NEO) pays for it later. They'll direct you to the field campsite Smile
    boncooverlander

Post by boncooverlander Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:14 pm

Oh Man! Bummer, I was just in Maine 3 weeks ago. I wish I was able to go back and it would've been great to meet you guys. Unfortunately I'm away from the US for a bit.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 7:38 am