Northeast Overland is an outdoor adventure based community in the Northeast Region of the United States. We pride ourselves in the use of Treadlightly! and to provide an outlet source for individuals to come and converse about their rigs and adventures.

truck bed tent camping

BriBri

truck bed tent camping

Post by BriBri on Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:19 pm

With my Toyota Tundra I have used an old backpacking tent I have on my solo flyfishing trips. I recently purchased the Kodiak Canvas truck bed tent, and that is much better than my old nylon tent. It feels like a hotel room compared to my old two-person backpacking tent.

What I like about the truck bed tent is that I can park the truck in almost any camping site that I can drive to. It gets me much closer to 'nature' than the popup camper I take when camping with my family.

Ngneer

Re: truck bed tent camping

Post by Ngneer on Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:45 pm

I too, like this style of camping. Done a lot of reading on the the interweb about them until I couldn't find one, maybe overlooked? For 02 Yota x cab. Especially the kodiak brand, this seemed to b my favorite. Now since I been reading bout RTTs, not looking back. Probably purchase one after Christmas. Will have to c the damage done for that. Hell, I usually pay for Christmas throughout the following year. Back on track here, I love the Kodiak style and the ability to pull into a camping spot wherever. Beautiful spots down here at the bottom of the Appalachians. Hope u get a lot of enjoyment with it.
    Mr. Mike

Post by Mr. Mike on Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:01 pm

Truck bed camping is sweet. I go even simpler, I have a simple cap on my Chevy and just chuck an air mattress in the bed and blow it up. Throw a sheet on and nighty night.
    booth9c1ss

Post by booth9c1ss on Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:20 am

Yeah. Mike's set up is pretty sweet (though minimalist). But he has an 8' bed to stretch out in. Mine is similar but I have a shorter and narrower S10. I sleep well knowing the fiberglass roof won't leak and is resistant to small falling limbs.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:46 pm