Northeast Overland

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northeast Overland is Maine's leading self reliant adventure travel community in the Northeast Region of the U.S. Led by a Registered Maine Guide, you can be sure that you'll have an unforgettable adventure all while we TreadLightly!

+5
Tonyalavodka
TacoBaz
Cjmurphy
Drogon
MtnClimber
9 posters

Northeast Overland's 5th Annual Fall Foliage Tour

MtnClimber
    MtnClimber
    Admin

Northeast Overland's 5th Annual Fall Foliage Tour Empty Northeast Overland's 5th Annual Fall Foliage Tour

Post by MtnClimber Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:27 pm

Maine is more than just a “wicked pretty” place, it’s a wicked adventure, and with that Northeast Overland invites you to 5th Annual Fall Foliage Tour! This family friendly adventure will bring you to some of the more remote areas of western Maine, while stopping at some of the most popular and beautiful scenic area's the state has to offer. Want to combine the best of Overlanding with some of the greatest leaf peeping known to exist?! This is the peak time of year to view our excellent trails and beautiful scenery! We will get you off the beaten path, take you to picturesque overlooks, guide you through some tight rocky two-tracks and just have plain fun exploring some Maine woods! We hope that you can make it up to the great State of Maine and see why everyone travels from afar!  We guarantee the adventure, now all we need is you!

Northeast Overland's 5th Annual Fall Foliage Tour 22366708_1971226023136470_6044475704163652354_n

Our end locations on Saturday & Sunday will be well within any fuel range and everyone will be able to top off Saturday and Sunday. Carrying extra fuel will not be necessary for the Fall Foliage Tour. Extra batteries for your camera is highly recommended tho!!

What: Northeast Overland's 5th Annual Fall Foliage Tour

When:
    Friday, October 5th to Monday, October 8th, 2018 (sweet spot for Maine's peak fall foliage season)

Where: Western Maine

Meeting Location: 187 Webb Beach Rd Weld, Me (Delorme Map 19, C2) (44.681737  -70.449439)

What to bring: Your street legal and well maintained 4WD vehicle with 7-8" ground clearance, warm clothing, camping/sleeping/cooking provisions, basic extrication equipment (no chains!), food & water, spare parts/tools/knowledge, camera/batteries, etc.  Carrying extra fuel will not be necessary for the Fall Foliage Tour. Extra batteries for your camera is highly recommended tho!!

Required Equipment:
    • Five (5) 31" or bigger AT or MT tires & tools to change a flat (this means a full-size spare (5 of the same size))
    • Front and rear tow points
    • Properly tuned & working CB radio
    • Fire extinguisher
    • First aid kit; sufficient for the amount of people in your vehicle
    • 2015 or newer Maine Atlas & Gazetteer
    • At least one GPS per vehicle (handheld or street)
    • Basic tool kit for your vehicle

Recommended Equipment (in addition to the required list):
    • A good pair of hiking boots and your camera!
    • Skid plates
    • Tire repair kit, and a means of inflating your tires (CO2, compressor, OBA)
    • Winch or come-along
    • Vehicle specific parts + tools
    • Warm clothing & rain gear
    • Spare parts for CB/Ham (radio, mic, cord, antenna)
    • Spade shovel, Hi-Lift, straps (no hooks on the straps and no chains!)
    • Toilet paper
    • Bring an article of blaze orange... We want you to be found if you wander off. Plus it's hunting season..

Staff will be assuring you bring the Required Equipment and go over your rig w/a checklist when you arrive and sign-in at the first nights gathering. Participants will not be allowed on the ride until the list of required items is fulfilled. This is for everyone's safety and enjoyment.

Northeast Overland's 5th Annual Fall Foliage Tour 22279760_1971226283136444_7246269067317079452_n

What to Expect: We will be traveling mostly on well-built logging roads and some old grown-in roads with a limited amount of paved ways in between. Some "roads" are riddled with ginormous rocks (think boulders) and 4Lo will be used!! The occasional washout is to be expected as well. 4WD is absolutely required, bring something with decent ground clearance (we're talking 7-8" minimum) and positively, absolutely no dual rear wheeled vehicles or small cars. We can't stress this last one enough as some of the roads become very tight, the potential for narrow bridges & very deep washouts being crossed, that will not support a dual wheeled vehicle or small cars. Some of the remote area that is being covered needs to be respected. Spotty cell service is to be expected as well.

All dogs must be leashed and or secured at all times. No free running or roaming around at all for everyone's comfort and safety. It's very easy to set up a runner for them as you can easily stretch a rope from tree to tree and use their leash as the runner. Or just attach them to your vehicle (when it's not in motion..). There are many different ways to secure one's beloved dog so as not to disrupt anyone's time during the event. Kids are not required to be leashed, however, adult supervision is requested at all times. Cats and any other animals/pets should be left at home. Thank you for your understanding.

Northeast Overland's 5th Annual Fall Foliage Tour Pbucket
    Camping will be very similar to last year as we'll in a different location each night, the ole point-to-point style. And with that being said, camping will be provided for everyone going on Friday night right at Mt. Blue State Park Campground! We will have a mandatory drivers meeting at 0830 on Saturday morning so those that can't make it Friday night will be able to join us. The tour will end midday on Monday to allow people ample time who have to travel a great distance to get back home.

Northeast Overland's 5th Annual Fall Foliage Tour 14718736_680612622107416_371788737170053321_n

Ride Fees: Non-refundable $100 per vehicle (not per person!). There is only a 10 vehicle limit, so be sure to get your spot! Routes are subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances.
    Please post below who your are; full name, Town & State, and year/make/model of your rig please!

vv Click the link to purchase your ticket! vv
    Fall Foliage Tour

Act fast and get your spot today!

1. Chris Murphy  Sandwich Ma   '12 Land Rover LR4
    2. Jeff Greene   Biddeford, Me.   '18 Rubicon AEV   (RTT)
    3. Mike Bazinet   Northborough, Ma  '15 Taco   (Ground Tent)
    4. Mason Mongeon  Mass.  '07 FJ   (RTT)
    5. AJ Johnson  Groton, CT.  '90 K1500
    6. Kurt Beiermeister    Randolph, Me    '08 FJ   (RTT)
    7. Tony Mercuri  '11 Tacoma   Long Island, NY (RTT)
    8. Mark Dileo    Long Island, NY      '10 FJ TT (Ground tents)
    9. Darryl Sawtelle   Shapleigh, ME.  '12 Jeep Wrangler (Ground Tent)
    10. Andrew Jordan   Standish, Me     '16 Tacoma (RTT) +2 & dog-o

Last edited by MtnClimber on Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:50 am; edited 5 times in total
    Drogon
    Drogon

Northeast Overland's 5th Annual Fall Foliage Tour Empty Re: Northeast Overland's 5th Annual Fall Foliage Tour

Post by Drogon Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:40 pm

Registered!!

Jeff Greene
    Biddeford, Maine
    2018 Jeep Rubicon RECON AEV
    Cjmurphy

Northeast Overland's 5th Annual Fall Foliage Tour Empty Fall Foliage Tour

Post by Cjmurphy Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:53 pm

Chris Murphy
    Sandwich Ma,
    Cape Cod
    2012 Land Rover LR4
    Registered!
    TacoBaz
    TacoBaz

Northeast Overland's 5th Annual Fall Foliage Tour Empty Re: Northeast Overland's 5th Annual Fall Foliage Tour

Post by TacoBaz Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:31 pm

Coming back!
    Mike Bazinet "baz"
    Northborough MA
    2015 Taco

Post by Guest Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:17 am

Registered!

'07 FJ Cruiser
    W. Mass
    TacoBaz
    TacoBaz

Post by TacoBaz Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:19 am

strangerranger wrote:Registered!

'07 FJ Cruiser
    W. Mass

Yesss!
    MtnClimber
    MtnClimber
    Admin

Post by MtnClimber Tue May 29, 2018 10:06 am

Spots are filling up fast, get yours while there's still a few left!
    Tonyalavodka

Post by Tonyalavodka Tue May 29, 2018 12:58 pm

Registered!
    '11 Tacoma
    Long J'island
    markd1124
    markd1124

Post by markd1124 Tue May 29, 2018 1:06 pm

Registered!
    Mark DiLeo
    2010 Toyota FJ Trail Teams
    Long Island
    Justanotherjeeper
    Justanotherjeeper

Post by Justanotherjeeper Tue May 29, 2018 1:14 pm

Registered
    Darryl Sawtelle
    2012 jeep Wrangler Sahara
    Shapleigh ME
    MtnClimber
    MtnClimber
    Admin

Post by MtnClimber Tue May 29, 2018 1:18 pm

One spot left!
    Greenmonstah
    Greenmonstah

Post by Greenmonstah Tue May 29, 2018 1:49 pm

Registered 
    Andrew Jordan 
    2016 tacoma 
    Standish me
    TacoBaz
    TacoBaz

Post by TacoBaz Tue May 29, 2018 5:19 pm

I count 7 repeats for FFT from the WWR, that's awesome! Looking forward to riding with you guys again!
    Drogon
    Drogon

Post by Drogon Tue May 29, 2018 5:24 pm

I think it’s actually more than that now Baz because Sammie/Jordan And Caleb are coming!
    MtnClimber
    MtnClimber
    Admin

Post by MtnClimber Tue May 29, 2018 5:55 pm

I'veupdated the original post with a list of the attendees Wink
    markd1124
    markd1124

Post by markd1124 Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:06 am

My tent status has officially changed from ground tent to RTT Cool
    Northeast Overland's 5th Annual Fall Foliage Tour Rtt10
    Drogon
    Drogon

Post by Drogon Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:51 am

I won't have an RTT for the FFT, I'll be back in a ground tent. My buddy Chris from WWR will be coming with me again. Can't wait to see everyone!!
    TacoBaz
    TacoBaz

Post by TacoBaz Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:26 am

My son and I will likely be in tent cots, I found one used I’m going to try to pick up next weekend. I have another buddy lined up to come that will be using a hammock most likely.
    @Mason, Mark & Tony
    You guys want to meet up at Cabelas again? There’s two more in the list that look like they are coming from The Cape and act we could all convoy together?

Post by Guest Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:28 am

I’m into it Baz! That worked well last time.
    markd1124
    markd1124

Post by markd1124 Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:31 am

Sounds good to me, I’m sure Tony wouldn’t mind either
    TacoBaz
    TacoBaz

Post by TacoBaz Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:41 am

Chris & AJ,
    If you guys are interested, a bunch of us other Southerners meet at Cabelas in Hudson MA, right off 495 N on the way to Mount Blue for Friday night. You’re both more than welcome to join up and convoy together. Are either of you on the FB page?
    BosRdSx
    BosRdSx

Post by BosRdSx Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:14 pm

“Posted to FB” anyone who wants to meet at the Cabelas in Scarborough Maine. Let me know. And the guys coming up from mass/NY when you know a time frame for passing by let me know hopefully and maybe we can all meet up then convoy Up!
    Sounds like Portland pie “pizza” will be in order as well !
    TacoBaz
    TacoBaz

Post by TacoBaz Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:46 am

Sounds good!
    Drogon
    Drogon

Post by Drogon Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:35 pm

I put the RTT back on and am currently planning on having it for the FFT.
    Justanotherjeeper
    Justanotherjeeper

Post by Justanotherjeeper Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:45 pm

I'm down to meet at the Scarborough Cabela's and some Portland pie pizza just like the wicked waterfall

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 2:24 pm