Northeast Overland

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northeast Overland is Maine's leading self reliant adventure travel community in the Northeast Region of the U.S. Led by a Registered Maine Guide, you can be sure that you'll have an unforgettable adventure all while we TreadLightly!

camp lights

Ericd
    Ericd

camp lights Empty camp lights

Post by Ericd Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:36 pm

I am thinking about getting some flood lights on the sides of my truck (mounted to the roof rack). I was originally thinking for light around the campsite, but now I'm thinking more mutipurpose use. Like a cop car alley lights, etc.
    I looking for pics and/or suggestions about what you guys use or have. What is the brightest, what works or doesn't, equipment review type suggestions. Any other ideas you guys have.
    My thought being if I have lights mounted on the truck, less stuff to forget to pack!

camp lights Empty Re: camp lights

Post by Guest Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:08 pm

There's a few different options that come to mind if your looking to go with lights. I would end up going with LED due to the power draw (less) and the size, tend to be smaller with greater light output.

StrobesNMore has a great light that I almost put on our slick top cruisers as alley lights mounted through the back window but we ran out of budget on them. Maybe next year. Very bright, small and work well. http://www.strobesnmore.com/Axixtech-1900-Lumen-LED-Flood-Lights.html

Seward offroad has some great lights as well. Amazon has some good deals, you just have to compare the specs to a well known light that has good reviews and the like ie. lumen output, amp draw, size, etc.