Northeast Overland

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northeast Overland is Maine's leading self reliant adventure travel community in the Northeast Region of the U.S. Led by a Registered Maine Guide, you can be sure that you'll have an unforgettable adventure all while we TreadLightly!

+13
MtnClimber
GraniteStateJeeper
MainelyFord
VT t4r
toddm
s0nnenberg
Likeamokey
XJSoldier
Dodgerex
REDrum
sloth
steal63
freerider
17 posters

Northeast Overland's 4th Annual 'Moose on the Loose'

MtnClimber
    MtnClimber
    Admin

Northeast Overland's 4th Annual 'Moose on the Loose' - Page 5 Empty Re: Northeast Overland's 4th Annual 'Moose on the Loose'

Post by MtnClimber Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:58 am

Registration is now officially closed!!  
    Thank you to everyone that has signed up for this wicked awesome adventure!!
    MtnClimber
    MtnClimber
    Admin

Northeast Overland's 4th Annual 'Moose on the Loose' - Page 5 Empty Re: Northeast Overland's 4th Annual 'Moose on the Loose'

Post by MtnClimber Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:37 am

So with the pressing timeline of MOTL coming up I decide it was time to go over the Taco. I re-secured the transfer case skid plate by melting part of it to the frame, replaced a burnt out exhaust gasket, tightened up a loose exhaust clamp, and brought it in for an alignment. Bad news is the PS inner TRE has a lot of play (fairly new, within a year, wicked bummed) and a new TRE is expected to arrive this mernin. Then I need to R&R it in my dirt driveway (which means dropping another heavy skid plate) and get it back to the shop Monday to have it re-aligned..Hopefully Tuesday I can get both front skid plates hoisted back up there and bolted on. But he did manage to balance and rotate the tires Very Happy Nothing like last minute as I leave early Wednesday mernin ...

How's everybody else's last minute planning going? Laughing
    wntrcmpr
    wntrcmpr

Post by wntrcmpr Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:05 am

So lets see what I have left

Spare mounted..no
    oil changed..no
    sleeping platform done..no
    power for fridge..no
    exhaust gasket..no
    cb hooked up..no
    rear mounted light..no
    figure out check engine light...no

So yeah I'm close..lol
    booth9c1ss
    booth9c1ss

Post by booth9c1ss Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:18 am

I've installed the rear lift shocks (Monroe with coil springs). Still need to pack, and I'm working every day until Wednesday.
    MtnClimber
    MtnClimber
    Admin

Post by MtnClimber Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:45 am

"Moose on the Loose"

Pemrick23
    Pemrick23

Post by Pemrick23 Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:56 pm

Does anyone know of the team with the blue FJ and the silver Jeep made it home ok?

Post by Guest Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:51 pm

Yes. They were fixed up by Dom's in Rangeley and made it home.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 1:16 am