Northeast Overland

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northeast Overland is Maine's leading self reliant adventure travel community in the Northeast Region of the U.S. Led by a Registered Maine Guide, you can be sure that you'll have an unforgettable adventure all while we TreadLightly!

+3
99BlackClassic
mike ZJ
MtnClimber
7 posters

Dynamat

MtnClimber
    MtnClimber
    Admin

Dynamat Empty Dynamat

Post by MtnClimber Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:20 pm

So the cab of the Comanche is pretty loud. I'd like to quiet it down and was thinking of different idea's. I saw a Yota that ran it and was thinking 'bout using this on the back of the cab, maybe the roof too.
    Basically wondering what others have used, pro's/con's.
    I also want to sound deaden the floor too.
    Thanks in advance!
    mike ZJ
    mike ZJ

Dynamat Empty Re: Dynamat

Post by mike ZJ Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:59 pm

I've used Dynamat with good results. Get the thicker stuff for the flatter areas. Then use the thin stuff for curved areas, it'll be alot easier to work with. Theres alot of cheaper knock offs on ebay that would save you some money, maybe worth a try. It also insulates quite well.
    99BlackClassic
    99BlackClassic

Post by 99BlackClassic Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:23 am

Not sure if you want to do this to this rig but wouldn't undercoating or bed line work?
    MtnClimber
    MtnClimber
    Admin

Post by MtnClimber Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:01 am

That would hafta have some sound deadening qualities to it. Whatever I use will be covered up with either a rubber floor or carpeting. I'll hafta check what the quietness of bedliner would have Wink

Last edited by MtnClimber on Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total
    Barrows
    Barrows

Post by Barrows Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:41 am

Bed liner has very little sound dampening in my experience. I have looked in to Lizard Skin, because it is made as a spray on sound deadener. I might spray that in this summer then reapply the Raptorliner on top.
    99BlackClassic
    99BlackClassic

Post by 99BlackClassic Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:48 pm

I wasn't 100% sure just going on something I think either I saw or heard someplace.
    Prepared Associates
    Prepared Associates

Post by Prepared Associates Wed May 08, 2013 4:47 pm

When I built the storage compartment for the extended cab of my truck, I pulled the carpet up and put down some kind of roofing material, the name escapes me, that I got from Home Depot.

It was some kind of vinyl with a really sticky adhesive backing. Prior to putting it in, the road noise coming from the back of the truck was terrible. It seems to work pretty well.

Dampened the noise well enough. If you have the extra cash, I would just get the Dynamat.
    wntrcmpr
    wntrcmpr

Post by wntrcmpr Wed May 08, 2013 5:55 pm

Prepared Associates wrote:When I built the storage compartment for the extended cab of my truck, I pulled the carpet up and put down some kind of roofing material, the name escapes me, that I got from Home Depot.

It was some kind of vinyl with a really sticky adhesive backing. Prior to putting it in, the road noise coming from the back of the truck was terrible. It seems to work pretty well.

Dampened the noise well enough. If you have the extra cash, I would just get the Dynamat.

Grace. Ice and water shield ?
    Prepared Associates
    Prepared Associates

Post by Prepared Associates Wed May 08, 2013 5:57 pm

wntrcmpr wrote:
    Prepared Associates wrote:When I built the storage compartment for the extended cab of my truck, I pulled the carpet up and put down some kind of roofing material, the name escapes me, that I got from Home Depot.

Grace. Ice and water shield ?

Yep, that's it!
    x-plorenow

Post by x-plorenow Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:42 pm

Dynamat works great, I used it all the time in my car stereo teen years. But it is very expensive.

I have heard good things about Al's floor liner, and heat and noise reducer. I pulled the carpet on my JK and plan to use this soon to treat the floor.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:58 am