Northeast Overland

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northeast Overland is Maine's leading self reliant adventure travel community in the Northeast Region of the U.S. Led by a Registered Maine Guide, you can be sure that you'll have an unforgettable adventure all while we TreadLightly!

5 posters

Damn Kid is costing me more $$

Hubie
    Hubie

Damn Kid is costing me more $$ Empty Damn Kid is costing me more $$

Post by Hubie Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:18 pm

So. Does anyone want to adopt a 17 year old boy? He won't work around the house, sleeps until noon or 1 and constantly breaks shit on his jeep.

Latest problem is that he broke 2 of 3 leafs on the passenger side leaf spring. It is an aftermarket 3" lift.

I found Rubicon Express 4.5" leafs for $175.00 each plush shipping. Good idea or would you recommend something else? I don't want to have to do any fab, just bolt and go.
    wntrcmpr
    wntrcmpr

Damn Kid is costing me more $$ Empty Re: Damn Kid is costing me more $$

Post by wntrcmpr Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:08 am

Dont buy them until he does some damn work around the house!!!
    booth9c1ss
    booth9c1ss

Post by booth9c1ss Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:18 pm

Make him work/pay for his own stuff.
    MtnClimber
    MtnClimber
    Admin

Post by MtnClimber Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:59 am

Sounds like he'll be driving around with a broken Jeep for awhile...Maybe that'll teach him to do something!
    AllanR
    AllanR

Post by AllanR Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:58 pm

I'm with the above, don't be a bank. want an example?

My mother 43 at the time. Works but Wastes/blows every dime. My grandmother 67 fixed income, nursing home, cancer, saved as much as she could heart of gold. Until 3 days before she died was offering my mother money out of her purse to help with bills, gas, what ever. she's dead now. My mother, since she was always given the easy way out, lost her House had her car repoed was over 1k behind on her lights. Why? Because my grandmother wouldn't cut her off every dime was given and wasted.
    Now the my dear grandmother has passed she's no different, she's a mooch. Because she never learned her lesson early. Mom was always there to bail her out.

Don't be that person. Make him work for what he has, wants, needs. he won't work? guess he's walking until he comes up with money.

Sorry if I sound like an ass. I understand wanting to help your kids. There is a difference between helping some one who helps himself. And supporting someone who seems lazy. Keep doing it he will never learn. You'll be 90 and he'll be asking you for his mortgage payments

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:18 pm