Northeast Overland is an outdoor adventure based community in the Northeast Region of the United States. We pride ourselves in the use of Treadlightly! and to provide an outlet source for individuals to come and converse about their rigs and adventures.

Mini Stove

MtnClimber
    Admin

Mini Stove

Post by MtnClimber on Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:13 am

I found this in my garage the other day (forgot I had it) and figured I'd try it out at home rather than when I need it in the woods, haha.

It's a Peak1 mutli-use fuel burner, made by Coleman. I followed the directions on the side of the can and it worked just fine. I roughly timed a hotdog & roll cookin' to get an idea of how long I'd be hungry. From the first flame to burnin my mouth it was only about 6 minutes. And that included putting ketchup & mustard in my hotdog roll. For accuracy purposes I made sure the table was not level and that I used one of my camping pans. No fancy utensils were used either, nor did I grease/butter the pan.

I didn't take any end result pictures as I was too hungry to do so...

Fuel comes in metal bottles about the size of a 20oz. soda bottle. The burner takes up less space than a 1lb LP bottle so space used is at a minimum, which is ideal for most. Sure it may limit your cooking abilities, but there's a trade off for everything. My next experiment will be to see how long it'll take to make coffee in my percolator.

Re: Mini Stove

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:21 am

much easy to use & carry then a 2 burner unit
    Barrows

Post by Barrows on Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:36 am

I had one of those stoves, it was great.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:14 pm