Northeast Overland is an outdoor adventure based community in the Northeast Region of the United States. We pride ourselves in the use of Treadlightly! and to provide an outlet source for individuals to come and converse about their rigs and adventures.

Campin'

syncronutz

Re: Campin'

Post by syncronutz on Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:26 pm

MtnClimber
    Admin

Post by MtnClimber on Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:27 pm

A screen room?! Now we're talking Cool 

booth9c1ss

Post by booth9c1ss on Thu May 15, 2014 8:18 pm

From a recent trip north. This is a state site at Ragged lake. Tent is a MSR Hubba Bubba 2 person. I was pretty comfortable in my 20*F down sleeping bag and 3" thick air mattress. Temps where in the lower 40s that night.

Wilbah

Post by Wilbah on Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:41 pm

So as a way of intro (beyond the "new member" intro post) I wanted to post up some pics of places I/we have been. Will include some of ME (my favorite state), NH and am including some from CO just cause I like them! ha! With three kids and a dog I am glad we have the Yukon. As you will see from some of these pics I need every bit of space I have.  Shocked And even that's not enough some times.   Rolling Eyes But its fun. Nothing like being in the woods.

Camping in NH

photo 2011-08-20_09-40-34_873.jpg

photo 2011-08-20_09-40-08_585.jpg

NMW

We call this place Beer Bridge. Coming from MA is always a hike and this bridge on the Telos Rd offers a great spot to stop and brush the dust off.....well....before we put some dust on.  Laughing 

Beer Bridge photo 100_0742.jpg

Obligatory West Branch shot from the bridge

West Branch Penobscot photo 100_1724.jpg

Gotta love logging roads. Note the bug repellent on the dash.  Laughing 

Logging Road photo 100_1732.jpg

My favorite campsite in the NMW. The guys are getting the fire going obviously.

Island Pond2 photo 000_0024.jpg

A beautiful little FFO pond north of Moosehead that I float tubed with my buddy. Too bad it was as wet above the water as it was in the water.

Indian Pond photo 100_2137.jpg

Camping on the shore of Moosehead

Campsite photo 169d3473.jpg

Lake Como near Silverton CO

Hurricane Pass

Road? Yeah this is a road....well....sort of. My wife being on the downhill side wanted to argue the point a bit!

Ophir Pass on the way to Alta. You will notice a white thing down the hill from the road in the lower middle of the shot. That's a camper shell from a pick-up that didn't navigate the road. They pulled the truck out but left the shell behind. Maybe as a warning to watch the road not the view.   Evil or Very Mad 

Near the ghost town of Alta. As beautiful as this is I have a whole new appreciation for miners working this ground in the winter.

Oh...I saw mention of BBQ so have to throw this in. Mmmmmmm.....pulled pork!  bounce 

Take one of these (with rub)

photo PorkShoulderRubbed.jpg

Add lots of this....

Smoker Smoking photo Smokersmoking.jpg

And you get this!

done photo PorkShoulderdone.jpg

Pass me some SAUCE!  Laughing 

Anyway.....those are some pics of places I've been. Will post more as more adventures occur! If I can answer any questions fire away!
    Barrows

Post by Barrows on Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:12 pm

Thanks for sharing your trip pictures, it looks like you had fun.

titanpat57

Post by titanpat57 on Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:23 pm

Hi Guys,

I'm sure I know lots of names from other forums.

Here's my camper/teardrop on various travels(nothing simple about it..but ok once it's setup)...I love camping...hope to see some of you guys at Vermont Overland Rally in October.

[/url]

Last edited by titanpat57 on Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
    MtnClimber
    Admin

Post by MtnClimber on Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:33 pm

Now that's a kick ass setup!!

titanpat57

Post by titanpat57 on Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:48 pm

Thank you! Its very comfortable once its all together..just getting to that point can be a pain.

titanpat57

Post by titanpat57 on Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:58 pm

spencyg wrote:Really neat trailer! Custom build? It certainly appears to "spread out" in a quick hurry which makes for a tedious setup and teardown. The real benefit I see to these is the "base camp" aspect. Once you set it up, you can leave for day excursions in your tow/adventure rig without having to pack back up. My van is excellent for a relatively fast arrival and departure given that everything is pretty much built in, but once we're set up for the evening (or weekend), we're pretty much stuck. I've considered a small 50cc scooter on a rear hitch carrier just to allow us limited mobility without packing everything back up to go into town or to get to a day-trip spot. 

SG

Thanks!

I built it myself out of a military trailer...took about 9 months.  I'll do a build thread on it if folks want to see it.

It is a bear to do a full set up, although I've done it a bunch of times...so I guess I'm used to it

The next one will be easier to set up...that I can promise! lol!

Wilbah

Post by Wilbah on Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:19 pm

What an awesome setup titanpat. Perfect for base camp as was suggested. I would love to see some pics of inside it....in the tent etc. Looks really great thanks for sharing!

titanpat57

Post by titanpat57 on Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:16 pm

Wilbah wrote:What an awesome setup titanpat. Perfect for base camp as was suggested. I would love to see some pics of inside it....in the tent etc. Looks really great thanks for sharing!

Thanks Wilbah..here you go

STREAMSIDE

Power center

Wilbah

Post by Wilbah on Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:38 pm

Hey.....I am impressed as hell but room enough to keep your firewood dry? Holy ****. LOL Really great set-up. But yeah I can see this is not for an overnight here and next night somewhere else for sure. But I have to believe coming back to that when you're cold and wet is a dream. Good for you! And thanks for sharing the pics!
    Kraftwork Orange

Post by Kraftwork Orange on Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:39 am

Pic of the our new MSR Hoop.   Gave it a quick dry run setup this weekend.

Declan-APPROVED!

I was a Backcountry Ranger for 2 years in the Whites (saco district) So when camping with the trucks, I'm generally more concerned with comfort Very Happy
    Kraftwork Orange

Post by Kraftwork Orange on Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:12 am

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:20 pm