Northeast Overland is an outdoor adventure based community in the Northeast Region of the United States. We pride ourselves in the use of Treadlightly! and to provide an outlet source for individuals to come and converse about their rigs and adventures.

Slumberjack Roadhouse Tarp

strangerranger

Slumberjack Roadhouse Tarp

Post by strangerranger on Fri May 19, 2017 8:32 am

Check this out! Saw The Adventure Portal post about this shelter/tarp and had to get one. Searched high and low to find one in stock, eventually found ONE at an obscure camping supplier. Had to set it up and try it out in the driveway, but want to try it on the upcoming WWR trip. Seems well built, same material as a waterproof tent fly, flapped in the wind a bit but I also couldn't tie down one side cause of how I parked on the driveway. Will update after its first real-world use!

(LINK) The Adventure Portal - Slumberjack Roadhouse Tarp.

Set up on my truck...
    FJ Boozah
    Admin

Re: Slumberjack Roadhouse Tarp

Post by FJ Boozah on Fri May 19, 2017 9:00 am

Seems like a reasonable alternative to a Foxwing. Care if I ask how much they go for?

Post by strangerranger on Fri May 19, 2017 9:04 am

They retail from the manufacturer for $120 and free shipping. I was able to find mine for slightly less with some vigorous searching. I like those foxwings, but I lack a suitable roof rack for mounting one so this was the next best option. The surface area of the tarp and the amount of shade it casts is impressive too, similar to a foxwing I'd imagine.
    MtnClimber
    Admin

Post by MtnClimber on Fri May 19, 2017 9:29 am

greeeat...now I need one Very Happy
    As much as I need/want an awning, I have no place to mount one. I have a Smittybilt Trailshade designed to mount to a spare tire (like on an FJ or Wrangler) and it works "ok" providing very little shade. Your set-up would work fantastic on the ole Taco.

strangerranger

Post by strangerranger on Fri May 19, 2017 9:35 am

Hoping to get some use on the trip next weekend so I can make you all jealous of it in person!

It can be put up several ways including independent of the truck in an A-frame style setup, which could be handy in a site where the truck wouldn't fit. Poles are also pretty heavy duty and TALL, no slouching to stand up under it.
    MtnClimber
    Admin

Post by MtnClimber on Fri May 19, 2017 9:41 am

strangerranger wrote:Hoping to get some use on the trip next weekend so I can make you all jealous of it in person!

You better using locking ratchet straps to hold that down to your truck... Twisted Evil lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:18 pm