Northeast Overland

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northeast Overland is Maine's leading self reliant adventure travel community in the Northeast Region of the U.S. Led by a Registered Maine Guide, you can be sure that you'll have an unforgettable adventure all while we TreadLightly!

3 posters

Limb risers

clymber
    clymber

Limb risers  Empty Limb risers

Post by clymber Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:37 am

Since i will be moving out there from CO and there are not nearly as many trees on the trails here I was wondering who out there uses them. Granted I wont be flying thru the trails at mach 10 so usually stuff goes over the truck slowly by you do get that odd ball thing that flies back at you. Im sure they are not allowed on daily drivers so I would make them so they can be thrown on at the trail head
    MtnClimber
    MtnClimber
    Admin

Limb risers  Empty Re: Limb risers

Post by MtnClimber Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:01 pm

In Maine they are not illegal to have on your DD and I would recommend them if you plan to explore alot in the great North Maine Woods as some roads and two-tracks are growing in. Limb risers aren't always needed so a set of removable ones would be a good idea.
    AFA the legality of them in other States, I do not know.
    clymber
    clymber

Post by clymber Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:19 pm

even if they were allowed in a DD i would take them off Im pretty sure they would whistle or hum and highway speed and noises like that would make me want to punch someone.
    I just added a roof rack to that attachment point would be easy just trying to figure out if i want to attach the other side to the bumper and make something that will mount under the hood

Post by Guest Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:16 pm

They can be helpful and we enjoy bringing people down some well known pin striped trails to add some character. They do help with keeping things cleared from view, but unfortunately, as with anything, if there is a will, there is a way. Some branches will inevitably get through and the decision to "trim" vs power through becomes a challenge sometimes. Depends on how much you like your paint job I guess haha
    clymber
    clymber

Post by clymber Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:39 pm

its a white truck so scratches are hard to see. I have the truck to be used not look all pretty in the mall parking lot
    artech

Post by artech Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:19 pm

I run mine all day every day and have never had an issue. They don't make any noise on my rig, at least nothing I can hear over the tires anyway. If I had to pick one thing to complain about it's that they make windshield snow removal a touch harder. But so does the snorkel, so really not an issue. They do turn heads though... Shocked

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:46 pm