Northeast Overland is an outdoor adventure based community in the Northeast Region of the United States. We pride ourselves in the use of Treadlightly! and to provide an outlet source for individuals to come and converse about their rigs and adventures.

Limb risers

clymber

Limb risers

Post by clymber on Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:37 am

Since i will be moving out there from CO and there are not nearly as many trees on the trails here I was wondering who out there uses them. Granted I wont be flying thru the trails at mach 10 so usually stuff goes over the truck slowly by you do get that odd ball thing that flies back at you. Im sure they are not allowed on daily drivers so I would make them so they can be thrown on at the trail head
    MtnClimber
    Admin

Re: Limb risers

Post by MtnClimber on Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:01 pm

In Maine they are not illegal to have on your DD and I would recommend them if you plan to explore alot in the great North Maine Woods as some roads and two-tracks are growing in. Limb risers aren't always needed so a set of removable ones would be a good idea.
    AFA the legality of them in other States, I do not know.

clymber

Post by clymber on Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:19 pm

even if they were allowed in a DD i would take them off Im pretty sure they would whistle or hum and highway speed and noises like that would make me want to punch someone.
    I just added a roof rack to that attachment point would be easy just trying to figure out if i want to attach the other side to the bumper and make something that will mount under the hood
    FJ Boozah
    Admin

Post by FJ Boozah on Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:16 pm

They can be helpful and we enjoy bringing people down some well known pin striped trails to add some character. They do help with keeping things cleared from view, but unfortunately, as with anything, if there is a will, there is a way. Some branches will inevitably get through and the decision to "trim" vs power through becomes a challenge sometimes. Depends on how much you like your paint job I guess haha

Post by clymber on Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:39 pm

its a white truck so scratches are hard to see. I have the truck to be used not look all pretty in the mall parking lot

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:36 am